GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I'm back and I'm using the new Shuttle!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 11/02/03 at 19:24
Regular
Yeah! I received the SN41G2 on Thursday, but couldn't the heatsink and thus the CPU out of the socket from my old PC, so I had to wait until Monday to get a new one... then, after overspilling some thermal compound over the core of my new CPU, the HD that I used stopped working (just before loading XP, a blue screen indicating that it stopped to prevent damage appeared, with a STOP error code displayed beneath)... so I spent all morning reinstalling XP and my drivers...

I've now setup all my email accounts again, and can easily copy my documents from the error drive to the one I'm using (somehow it works but doesn't boot) - but all my serial numbers for all the programs that I was using (in Outlook format) are now gone!! Well, not really, they're still on the unbootable drive... but I can't copy the data files across to the new Outlook folder without causing some damage!! How can I copy the emails that I once had? (That's my question)

Looking back at the past few days... not too much hassle then, eh? And I've only got two days left to finish my Business Studies Coursework!!!
Tue 18/02/03 at 00:25
Regular
AS long as you do it properly and sue something like jubilee clips to close the pipeing to the barbs then there should not be any problem at all, not all the quality stuff is good, you seem to pay more for the looks than the quality these days all with plastic tops of the water blocks n all.

c.b.
Mon 17/02/03 at 22:27
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
..which is why you should use quality gear.
Mon 17/02/03 at 21:04
Regular
"Digging!"
AMD_MAN wrote:
> The kit i had cost me £140 brand new was easy to set up. very
> safe and the cooling was brilliant on both my xp1800+ (@1890mhz) and
> my P4 2.0gig @ 2.6ghz, the good thing about water cooling is it moves
> the hot air so well from the cpu that you don't get much increase in
> heat when under load, i had it running 24\7 for over a year and never
> needed to change the water.
>
>
> c.b.

But isn't it a bit dangerous if the water leaks?
Mon 17/02/03 at 20:16
Regular
The kit i had cost me £140 brand new was easy to set up. very safe and the cooling was brilliant on both my xp1800+ (@1890mhz) and my P4 2.0gig @ 2.6ghz, the good thing about water cooling is it moves the hot air so well from the cpu that you don't get much increase in heat when under load, i had it running 24\7 for over a year and never needed to change the water.

c.b.
Mon 17/02/03 at 16:00
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Well what I'M saying is, watercooling isn't something you skimp on, you either do it or you don't, and doing it involves spending more money than £70 on it I can tell you that ;-)
Mon 17/02/03 at 14:40
So which option should I be going for, then?
Mon 17/02/03 at 14:30
Regular
we do tend to don't we, but obviously i am right :), the problem with us pc techy's are we are stuck in our ways, but we would give good advice if asked of us and as we both have differant opinions then it give the one who asks the question 2 differant choices.

c.b.
Mon 17/02/03 at 14:14
Hey, do you two always contradict with each other? It can be really confusing for people looking for help, y'know.
Mon 17/02/03 at 12:50
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
But if you're talking about running water a mere few cm away from some expensive hardware or precious data, "good for the price" simply isn't good enough.
Mon 17/02/03 at 12:13
Regular
I can't say i've used it to be honest but a few people i know have and they said it was pretty good for the price.

c.b.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.