GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"OVERCLOCKING AND MODDING THREAD........"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 10/02/03 at 19:53
Regular
Well i know i have done a thread like this a while back but i thought i would try again and see if any of the noobs are interested in this sort of thing and want some advice and help from us pro's :).

c.b.
Wed 12/02/03 at 18:18
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Taka-Q wrote:
> Quick question. What happens if my pc jams while doing this?

Best case scenario - you reset the CMOS jumper, and try again

Worst case scenario - your motherboard is now an attractive wall motif, perhaps forcing a processor/RAM/case/PSU/hard disk/graphics card upgrade
Wed 12/02/03 at 18:17
Regular
If you talking if it halts during ..... bios update god knows, somehow have a backup of the old one they say.
But if you put in the wrong processor settings and it doesnt put up there should be a key you can hold down when it restarts to reset the settings.
personally i wouldnt do bios flashing... unless its necessary.
Wed 12/02/03 at 18:16
Regular
"Digging!"
Got one called JBAT1 which is the one that resets the CMOS
Wed 12/02/03 at 18:14
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Insert, usually. Else you can take the battery out and leave it for a few hours. Else you can look for a jumper that sounds like it'll reset the baterry for you. Mine's called JBAT.
Wed 12/02/03 at 18:13
Regular
"Digging!"
theres one that resets the CMOS. Is that the one?
Wed 12/02/03 at 18:12
Regular
If it messes up while copying bios it can stop the whole pc from booting, some motherboard have a fail safe system for this, i have been looking at the manual for the motherboard and i see there is a jumper (j6) that enables the cpu to run at 133mhz, the way you can overclock is in the frequency/voltage control section, remeber that the chances in your pc "halting" when you are copying the bios are pretty slim.

c.b.
Wed 12/02/03 at 18:09
Regular
Well my mobo.... is crap but if i get my processor settings wrong i can press a key when it starts up to reset it.
Wed 12/02/03 at 18:08
Regular
Do you have a motherboard manual or something?
Find out how to set the bios back to its usual settings.
Wed 12/02/03 at 18:08
Regular
"Digging!"
Is there a jumper I could press to reload the bios or something?
Wed 12/02/03 at 18:06
Regular
"Digging!"
No, seroiusly

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.