GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Death and other matters"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 10/02/03 at 09:32
Regular
Recently I've had several things on my mind that are for want of a better way of putting things 'getting me down'. I'm scared of Death, of Dying. I never used to be, and I don't know when the fear of dying started to niggle away in the back of mind, but I get the feeling that it was about the same time that I realised that I don't know if there is a god.

I used to know that there was a god. I used to be able to feel him, I think. But looking back now, I wonder if it was all my head. I can't feel anything spiritual anymore, the only thing that makes sense to me now is science. But science can't give me eternal life, and even if it could I wouldn't want the sort of eternal life that it could give me, a life in this world, where people are driven by selfishness.

I am going to die. That much is certain. Every human is going to die. The fact that billions of humans have died before me brings me no comfort at all. I don't want to stop existing. If I stop existing then what is the point of this life. What on earth am I doing on earth.

And there is something wrong with me above just the fear of death. Its a huge empathy with the world. Most people love the snow. It means a day of work or school, when you can throw snowballs at each other and make snowmen. Snow makes me cry. I think of all the homeless people, and how cols they must be, and how many of them will die because of the snow that everyone is taking such delight in. I feel guilty, I'm snuggled up in my warm house, safe. But equally I'm too scared to do anything to help, above giveing a little money. I'm too scared that If I reach out to help people I will end up getting hurt or killed by some madman.

It's getting worse, I cry most days now.

I don't like leaving my house on my own. I get to work okay each day, but If I have to make an unexpected detour somewhere and I find myself among many people I suddenly feel small and dizzy as If I've shrunk and all the people are towering around me. I don't know how to behave. should I look at people as I pass them or put my head down in shame. If someone speaks to me then I shrink away and my heart races.

In the end what difference does it make if I care, If I work, If I help people. In the end we all die. If not in the coming war, then eventually, and all that we have lived for doesn't matter anymore.

I've been told that its depression. It isn't. Its realism. How can I feel any other way when the world is the way that it is? How can you tell me that I am WRONG to feel this way. It the fools who delude themselves that this life means anything that are wrong.
Sat 15/02/03 at 19:14
Regular
I'd be quite happy to just cease to exist. No bad memories.
Thu 13/02/03 at 20:42
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Rosalind, fair points mate. But they are your views, and these are mine.

Ah well, just thank everyone that we're not homeless, we're in a warm enviroment with loving parents.

(You have a PC. They're loving ok? :oP)

Keep it cool peeps
Wed 12/02/03 at 19:44
Regular
I would prefer reincarnation, but you can actually REMEMBER your past life. That way, you COULD become the wworlds smartest plant, or something. Evil Plant that takes over the world. Teehee.
Wed 12/02/03 at 12:56
"Darth Vader 3442321"
gerrid wrote:
> gerrid wrote:
> the sagacious one.
>
> The sagacious one wrote:
> the Sagacious one
>
> strange how niether of us got the capitals in your name right.

it's a sign surely.

the sAgaCious onE
Wed 12/02/03 at 08:51
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
GasMask wrote:
> Well, my views on the homeless people thing:
>
> Some people are homeless because of their own doings. Drugs, stealing,
> anything. But they are on the streets because its their fault.
>
> I have no sympathy for them.

I have more sympathy for these people than I do for people who choses to live on the streets. They have problems. I'm sure when these people were tiny children they didn't want to end up homeless, they didn't want to be addicts, criminals etc. They probably had aspirations just like the rest of us.

> So, I see it as, you either give money to all of them, or none. And
> who's to say that the £5 that you give them won't go towards a
> bottle of vodka?

So what if it does? If I was homeless and living on the streets, I think that I would want to drink too. What else have these people got left. And, you can't not give them a chance just because they might not spend any money you give them on something that you see as correct. If you are sure sure that homeless people are going to spend all the money that you give them on 'bad' things, you could always try giving them clothing, or food.

In my opinon the reasons that you give for not helping homeless people are cop outs. They make you feel better about the fact that you don't give money to them.

My excuse is no better. I'm too scared to help out in case they harm me. What a big coward I am. I do know that I should be doing something to help, and that is why I have such huge guilt.
Tue 11/02/03 at 19:09
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Well, my views on the homeless people thing:

Some people are homeless because of their own doings. Drugs, stealing, anything. But they are on the streets because its their fault.

I have no sympathy for them.

Now, there are some people who are on the streets because they've been mistreated.

Without asking about "How" they became homeless, you'll never know. And even if they did tell the truth, you'd never believe them, and if you dont believe them, then you won't give them anything.

So, I see it as, you either give money to all of them, or none. And who's to say that the £5 that you give them won't go towards a bottle of vodka?

Death: I used to be very scared, and if I think about dying it doesn't scare me anymore, just makes me interested. In whats going to happen and how is that possible to happen and so forth. It doesn't scare me, it interests me. Your gonna die. You ARE going to die. It'll come, when the times ready.

Live every day as if its you last... death'll hit when you least expect it. So keep your friggen guards up :o)

Keep smiling. Laters..
Tue 11/02/03 at 19:00
Regular
"Selected"
i think your missing the point. I agree, it would be selfish if it was suicide because your thinking about ending the misery, as it were, for yourself. However, dying naturally is not selfish, we have no control over when it happens and others feeling sad is just a human emotion.
Mon 10/02/03 at 20:45
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
In a way, if you don't care about dying, you're quite selfish.
Ok, being scared of dying, and not caring about dying a 2 very different things.

Anyway, if you don't care about dying, it's selfish because the impact on others' lives that it would create would be devastating to them, but to you, it wouldn't matter.
You'd be dead.
Mon 10/02/03 at 20:07
Regular
"bit of a brain"
No matter what you do, you are impacting on other people's lives and existence, whether you make them happier or sadder, angrier or whatever. Even when you think you are alone doing nothing, you are affecting other people by not being with them. Thinking that your life is worthless is common, but nobody is worthless, no matter what they do.
Mon 10/02/03 at 20:04
Regular
"Selected"
i don't want to appear as some sort of big shot, but death doesn't scare me. Sure, i'd be terrified if I came close to death, but i'd only fear the pain and suffering of it (even if it lasted 1 second) not being dead.

I don't mean to offend anyone, but i feel i can accept death because i don't believe in a god. I don't feel like i need to be good to get into heaven because i don't believe it exists....I'm a 'good' person because i want to be, not because its expected of me. (thats not to say those that do believe in god are good for that reason.....)

One thing that really annoys me is the amount of money people horde. Like when that girl from Greece who inherited 3.2 billion.....How can you need all that money????! Ok - have your luxuries but can you give the other 3.1 billion to help others less fortunate?

I guess its right what they say - Ignorance IS bliss.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.