GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hello"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 07/09/05 at 23:13
Regular
Hello, I'm back to post and stuff.

Do people still argue over consoles?
Thu 08/09/05 at 12:16
Regular
"8==="
Dringo wrote:
> I gave a series of examples as to why the game is better on the
> Gamecube and it wasn't until Gerrid found a quote that you believed
> me!

That's what happens when you're the propaganda fellow of the forum.

You're like Nintendo's 'Iraqi minister of information'.

"Everything is fine"

*Big tanks rolls in behind Dringo, blatantly painted red, white and blue*

"Ah! Our reinforcements have arrived!"
Thu 08/09/05 at 12:12
Regular
I gave a series of examples as to why the game is better on the Gamecube and it wasn't until Gerrid found a quote that you believed me!

The game did not translate as well because the Gamecube's hardware is different to the PS2. It has caused problems with graphics, glitches, loading time, slow down etc... etc...

The PS2 controller has the D-pad too near the thumb... you see the D-pad's use in Killer 7 is minor and if I kept accidentally pressing it, it would be a pain!

As for the PS2 controller Vs. the GC controller I'll tell ya why the GC one is superior.

For starters the main form of controlling games these days is the analogue stick. Nintendo and Microsoft have realised this and moved the analogue stick nearest your thumb... whilst Sony still opt for the D-pad to be nearer your thumb.

Nintendo have also mapped a clever button system, with the nice "meaty" A button being used to "Drive/Shoot/Run" etc... and the smaller buttons placed carefully for dwindling importance.

The L and R button, despite not being as "analogue" per say than the PS2 pad feels a hell of a lot better to use.

Cricism? The D-pad is too small... then again this was deliberate to reduce usage.

PS2 controller... outdated...

Gamecube controller... perfect for the generation.
Thu 08/09/05 at 11:18
Regular
Killer 7 on GC doesn't have jaggies!
Thu 08/09/05 at 00:50
Regular
It was definately american and a nightmare to play on the GC controller, I missed all the extra things you can do on the PS2 Pro Evos.

I'm not even contemplating buying the game on PSP because of the lack of buttons and found the game a nightmare to play on the Xbox pad too becaue of the button layout needed for that pad. I ended up buying a pad adapter just for Pro Evo.

Big mistake too, should have just taken it back and got the PS2 version it's so much better.

Which is why I can believe Killer 7 is better on the GC than the PS2 because that's what it was designed for, but it doesn't always work out like that. that's why I was fishing for some answers with a bit of critical substance :-).
Thu 08/09/05 at 00:50
"period drama"
[S]boosh
Thu 08/09/05 at 00:48
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Anyway, from IGN:

"Still, it would've been better if more time was put into smoothing out the PS2 version. With some longer loading times with an obnoxious loop of TV static, framerate issues, hiccups, and delicate aiming that is harder to pull off with the PS2 controller, Killer 7 has made its Sony conversion a little worse for wear. The style would almost have carried this through with an equal score as the GameCube, but the fact is that these problems affect just how well the style is carried off."
Thu 08/09/05 at 00:44
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Bonus wrote:
> Like I said, it wasn't that version my mate has, it's a lot newer and
> more like Pro Evo 2 on the PS2 :-).

Seriously there's no game like that that exists. You must have been playing either Winning Eleven 6 or ISS3 or something. MLS Extra Time was the only non ISS football game that Konami released in North America.
Thu 08/09/05 at 00:42
Regular
gerrid wrote:
> I don't know if they're actual issues with the game, I've didn't play
> the PS2 version myself or for long enough to note anything except the
> loadtimes, but I'd imagine those are the sort of problems that would
> arise.

If poorly ported, yes, they would arise.
Thu 08/09/05 at 00:39
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Bonus wrote:
> That's the killer question.

I don't know if they're actual issues with the game, I've didn't play the PS2 version myself or for long enough to note anything except the loadtimes, but I'd imagine those are the sort of problems that would arise.
Thu 08/09/05 at 00:39
Regular
Like I said, it wasn't that version my mate has, it's a lot newer and more like Pro Evo 2 on the PS2 :-).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.