GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hello"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 07/09/05 at 23:13
Regular
Hello, I'm back to post and stuff.

Do people still argue over consoles?
Fri 09/09/05 at 15:37
Regular
I rather like the original Xbox controller, but it is poorly designed, the black and white buttons are awkward to press and the size makes it hurt with prolonged use.
Fri 09/09/05 at 15:35
Regular
"Less chat...More ha"
I find the PS2 pad too small and prolonged use makes the knuckles near my little finger ache..but seeing as I have never owned a PS2...I can live with it!

The GC pad is comfortable and innovative, however feels a bit lightweight and plasticy to me!

The first Xbox pad was a bit of an abomination, however I adapted in time!

The current S pad is my favourite (probalably cause I use it the most) it just does everything right! Solid and comfortable!

However everybody is different!
Fri 09/09/05 at 14:28
"period drama"
I think the GC sticks wins over d-pads for fighters, as you can get the diagonals perfectly for certain moves.
Fri 09/09/05 at 12:43
Regular
Ah well, don't really play many beat em ups.

Still, most of them will have different movement speeds, and I prefer using a stick to pressure sensitive buttons to control running speed.
Fri 09/09/05 at 12:12
Regular
"8==="
Depends on the game.

Some beat 'em ups are easier with a decent D-pad.
Fri 09/09/05 at 11:44
Regular
You use a D-pad?
Thu 08/09/05 at 19:46
Regular
"8==="
It's not good.
Thu 08/09/05 at 19:29
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> Personally I like the ceratainty that there's no chance my
> thumbs/hands/knuckles will clash when playing an FPS.
>
> I like pressing forward on the D-pad and actually going forward and
> not diagonally left or right.

You mean analouge(sp?) stick? I completely agree, when I'm playing on my friends' PS2s that always happens to me.
Thu 08/09/05 at 19:23
Regular
"8==="
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> You can't attribute the lack of FPSs on the GC to the controller.
> Fail.

Agreed.

Although I do find the lightness of the pad a bit prohibitive when playing FPS games. Thankfully I know have none for it anyway.

Oh and the spring in the trigger made a noise everytime I pressed it on my old cube which really sucked.
Thu 08/09/05 at 19:22
Regular
"8==="
Personally I like the ceratainty that there's no chance my thumbs/hands/knuckles will clash when playing an FPS.

I like pressing forward on the D-pad and actually going forward and not diagonally left or right.

I like my shoulder buttons to be analogue triggers because it feels right for most games.

I also like having more than one style of official controller to be available to me and I like my controller to not be based on a design that is more than 10 years old with all the same flaws from back then.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.