GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Views on Total Overdose?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Total Overdose'.
Tue 13/09/05 at 21:45
Regular
"....."
Another potential Far Cry or Half Life?
Thu 15/09/05 at 15:41
Regular
"8==="
Invisible War's good.
Thu 15/09/05 at 12:46
Regular
"bot"
Yeah, and then I told him that was just coincidental because the format doesn't have any effect on the quality of the game.... (going in circles now) and named some bad/average DVD Rom games since he asked so nicely. He also claims there are "a number of reasons" why DVD Rom games are good, but for some reason is incapable of elaborating on these.

I say 'some reason', what I really mean is he knows he's talking through his ass and is trying to work his way out of it with vague, bland statements.
Thu 15/09/05 at 12:43
Regular
He wasn't saying if affected the game. He just said that all games (by all games I mean the 3 that he knew :P ) that have been released on DVD for PC had been good so if the pattern continued this game would be good.

I'm not standing up for him though as it was still an awfully stupid and idiotic thing to say.
Thu 15/09/05 at 12:37
Regular
"bot"
Damarus wrote:
> However the flaw in his master theory
> is that he only seems to know 3 games for PC on DVD and therefore not
> taking into account the large ammount of crap found on DVD's.

the flaw in his theory is that the type of media a game is printed on has absolutely no effect on the actual game. My 'black people are criminals' example was perfectly valid.

Some good games come on DVD, this does not mean all (or most) games on DVD Rom will be good.
Some black people are criminals, this does not mean all (or most) black people are.

Or, I could name 3 mobsters who are Italian, so then by his logic, all mobsters must be Italian, and all Italians must be mobsters.

There's no evidence you can actually use to prove that "games on DVD Roms are good", because the format a game comes on is completely irrelevant as to the quality of the game. Why he can't understand this I really don't know.
Thu 15/09/05 at 11:44
Regular
EDIT: Double post.
Thu 15/09/05 at 11:43
Regular
odwyer wrote:
> When a game is released on DVD Rom on the PC, you can place a safe
> bet that this game will be top notch.

Hahahahahahahaha.

So say if a game was 649mb in size, but it was placed onto a DVD, would it qualify as good in your logic?

This arguement is crap, it's like the "gamecube only has 1.5GB discs, therefore big games such as GTA wouldn't fit on!!" thread all over again.
Thu 15/09/05 at 08:16
Regular
I think some of you have gone way off the point on this one.

I understand what he was trying to say and it has nothing to do with the size of the medium. He just made a generalised theory that because it is on DVD it could be a great game due to recent games that had been out for PC on DVD. Now this theory works well if it was based on HL2, Far Cry and GTA. However the flaw in his master theory is that he only seems to know 3 games for PC on DVD and therefore not taking into account the large ammount of crap found on DVD's.

The Conclusion.....

Even though what you said was misunderstood by many people, it is still safe to say that they are right either way as your theory is clearly flawed and still utter bullshizzle.
Thu 15/09/05 at 07:25
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
odwyer wrote:
> Name me one bad DVD Rom game on the PC?
>
> You can't as evidence and facts suggest there are none.

Act of War
Shellshock nam 67
Sacred Gold
Area 51
Deus Ex : Invisible War
Wed 14/09/05 at 23:43
Regular
"A man with a stick"
odwyer wrote:
> When a game is released on DVD Rom on the PC, you can place a safe
> bet that this game will be top notch.

My copy of Far Cry came on 5 dics, does this mean I have a rubbish version? :(
Wed 14/09/05 at 23:15
"period drama"
odwyer wrote:
> Btw, those who brand people "retards" have lost the
> argument before they have started.

Unless, I think, if they're talking to someone who rates games based on the media they are burned into. Nice one!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.