GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Metal gear solid 4 footage for the ps3!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots'.
Sat 17/09/05 at 23:24
Regular
"Jackpot!"
Well, it's been a little while since I have been on these forums, and after browsing around, looking to see which games are going to hit the shelves, I thought I'd have a look for metal gear solid 4 footage. Needless to say, after a tedious hour of looking, I found a vid.

So here you go:

[URL]http://tallah.org/video/mgs4.wmv[/URL]

Snake looks very, very old, but can that stop him from running, smoking and doing everything he has previously done...well, again? Nope, I don't think so.

Anyway, check out the vid, and enjoy a full 8 minutes of it!
Mon 19/09/05 at 11:35
Regular
Bonus wrote:
> It's not likely to be long before some pillok comes along and says
> that

We can play join the sentences like join the dots :-D.
Mon 19/09/05 at 11:31
Regular
Yes, but don't forget:

Bonus wrote:
> the PS3 can do things graphically that the 360 can't, and
> they'll be laughed at in a very enthusiastic manner :-).

and

ssxpro wrote:
> the PS3 can do things graphically that the 360 can't, and

We can't both be wrong!
Mon 19/09/05 at 11:27
Regular
ssxpro wrote:
> Also, the PS3 can do things graphically that the 360 can't, and
>
> Though I'm not sure I was supposed to include the last bit.

Good, because by Nvidia's own admission the RSX chip is a shader model 3.0 compatable chip and the Xenos is bordering on WGF compatability which I'm guessing they'll call the shaders model 4.0 :-).

Nvidia also canned the Cg language because it's rubbish, but have resurrected it for the PS3 because Sony got stuck on the fact that shaders are written in HLSL these days, a thoroughly Microsoft language :-D.

Basically, the difference in graphical quality on the PS3 and the Xbox 360 is going to be like comparing The current generation of ATI and Nvidia cards for PCs. Nothing between them in terms of visual quality and little in terms of performance.

With shaders being programmable, it means that the graphics will be down to individual game developers abilities and not limited by the hardware until later in the generation when the PC cards are well out-performing the consoles capabilities.
Mon 19/09/05 at 08:05
Regular
Savatt78 wrote:
> So yeah, Kutaragi, be careful with the whole XBox 1.5 funny man comments

Did he really say 1.5? That was very generous of him :)

_______________ _______________ _______________ _______________
Also, the PS3 can do things graphically that the 360 can't, and they'll be laughed at in a very enthusiastic manner :-).

Though I'm not sure I was supposed to include the last bit.
Mon 19/09/05 at 01:57
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Was watching some E3 DVDs over the last few days. Some of that Sony presentation just either made me cringe or laugh. There were a bunch of us watching it all - sat through like 30 mins or so of the usual Sony Excel / Powerpoint sales figures speech that they do in EVERY presentation. Then of course came the new duck demo after they showed the old PS2 one. Have to admit, I woulda loved to have been there just so I could have shouted "can you tell us the list of games on the PS2 that match the graphics on that duck demo ? Cause I still haven't found any !"

Then they started the disturbing demos containing computer generated women and commenting on how they look so real you could fall in love with them... Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. Yeah thanks Sony, looks like Nintendo have beaten you to the "toy" for the women, maybe you can make something for the guys to insert themselves into. Which brings me onto that bloody Eyedentity. A sad guy in his chair, having a conversation and chatting up these two computer generated girls. It was sad how into it the guy was - I was actually embarressed for him. Anyone who buys that and gets into it that seriously needs a large piece of lead piping wrapped round their head.

Then of course came all the "game" footage. And by that I mean movies which are about as in game as the duck demo. There was only one game that was really in game footage and it was an FPS which didn't really look that impressive at all. Can't remember the name of it now, but if someone starts whining I'm sure I can look up the name if I have to (and no its not Killzone 2). Suffice to say, the XBox 360 games looked better quality than that. So yeah, Kutaragi, be careful with the whole XBox 1.5 funny man comments - cause they might well come back to bite you in the nuts Kenneth.
Mon 19/09/05 at 01:35
Regular
It's not likely to be long before some pillok comes along and says that the PS3 can do things graphically that the 360 can't, and they'll be laughed at in a very enthusiastic manner :-).
Mon 19/09/05 at 01:32
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Consider it a tag team if that happens. ;-)
Mon 19/09/05 at 01:27
Regular
It wasn't a fight as far as I was concerned, I just pointed out that the Cell had nothing to do with the graphics on the videos being shown :-D.

Now, if you want a fight someone can say that PS3 games will look better than 360 games and we can have a right good rumble :-P.
Mon 19/09/05 at 01:25
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Pfft, what kinda fight is that !? Come on guys I've been playing a poxy football manager game for hours, my brains turned into dribbling mush. I need entertainment !

Sod it, maybe I'll just put a different game on.....

;-)
Mon 19/09/05 at 01:22
Regular
Vergil wrote:
> Hehe, yea. The graphics look amazing, but then again this is ps3
> graphics we are seeing after all. I for one will be buying a ps3, and
> probably even an xbox360, so this is just one game I'm looking forward
> to.
>
> There are some pics about for devil may cry 4 now, and Dante really
> does look stupid in them, but I'm sure he'll be different in the
> game.
>
> It's going to be amazing with how much power this cell chip can
> offer!

I'll just quote the post again which we are talking about and maybe someone can point out where you talk about anything other than the way things look and the standard of graphics on offer.

Then you can go read up a bit on computer graphics processing in a modern gaming set-up and then come back and explain to me why the Cell chip has anything to do with the quality of the graphics, then I'll accept I'm wrong :-D.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.