GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Metal gear solid 4 footage for the ps3!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots'.
Sat 17/09/05 at 23:24
Regular
"Jackpot!"
Well, it's been a little while since I have been on these forums, and after browsing around, looking to see which games are going to hit the shelves, I thought I'd have a look for metal gear solid 4 footage. Needless to say, after a tedious hour of looking, I found a vid.

So here you go:

[URL]http://tallah.org/video/mgs4.wmv[/URL]

Snake looks very, very old, but can that stop him from running, smoking and doing everything he has previously done...well, again? Nope, I don't think so.

Anyway, check out the vid, and enjoy a full 8 minutes of it!
Mon 19/09/05 at 01:03
Regular
"Jackpot!"
Ya, but I'm not here to argue man....without it, the whole system would probably be a lot slower.

I wasn't comparing it to the graphics to start with, I was just simply saying it has a lot to offer, without realising it would cause debate on here.

Now, I'm really wanting to talk about the game mate. The cell processor thing was off topic, but I just felt like mentioning it. I'm gonna get both the 360 and ps3, but the ps3 will be better, and mgs4 with those qualities just could not run that fast without the cell chip in my opinion.

Ok man?
Mon 19/09/05 at 00:43
Regular
But the Cell processor has nothing to do with shading and texturing.

All of that is handled by shaders running on the Nvidia RSX graphics chip.
Sun 18/09/05 at 17:39
Regular
"Jackpot!"
Well, it's just an example really, as without the cell chip, I don't see how they could get a game looking that good. I mean look at the shading and textures! This is just in the early stages you know.

Oh, and to you two guys who it didn't load for, try and see if your internet cookies are interfering, and if not then I don't know what you can do.

For those of you who it did work for, you'll probably know that it opens straight with windows media player, so if it continues not to work for some of you, then maybe try and right click, then go to save target as.

I checked it out before I uploaded it, and it worked fine. :)

Edit: It seems their hosting has gone down today. Ok, try it here on the official site:

[URL]http://www.konami.jp/gs/kojima_pro/japanese/mgs4_04.html[/URL] and click on the little projector icon in the top right hand corner. That will work, but it also seems their viewing server is down too, you'll have to try it later. :)
Sun 18/09/05 at 14:15
Regular
Vergil wrote:
> It's going to be amazing with how much power this cell chip can
> offer!

Why are you linking the way the games look to what the Cell chip is capable of processing?
Sun 18/09/05 at 13:22
Regular
"Mozzy"
Thats what I got, Asher.
Sun 18/09/05 at 11:55
Regular
error 403: Forbidden!

The server understood the request, but is refusing to fulfill it. Authorization will not help and the request SHOULD NOT be repeated.
Sun 18/09/05 at 09:33
Regular
"\\"
This really is the only games I would consider buying a PS3 for. And it happens to be my favourite series of all games.

Which is a bit gay, 'cause I don't see one game justifying buying a PS3.

*whimper*
Sun 18/09/05 at 04:59
Regular
"Jackpot!"
Hehe, yea. The graphics look amazing, but then again this is ps3 graphics we are seeing after all. I for one will be buying a ps3, and probably even an xbox360, so this is just one game I'm looking forward to.

There are some pics about for devil may cry 4 now, and Dante really does look stupid in them, but I'm sure he'll be different in the game.

It's going to be amazing with how much power this cell chip can offer!
Sun 18/09/05 at 01:04
Regular
Snake looks like Chuck Norris.
Sun 18/09/05 at 00:17
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Blimey, Snake is getting on a bit.

That does look fantastic though.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.