GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Metal gear solid 4 footage for the ps3!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots'.
Sat 17/09/05 at 23:24
Regular
"Jackpot!"
Well, it's been a little while since I have been on these forums, and after browsing around, looking to see which games are going to hit the shelves, I thought I'd have a look for metal gear solid 4 footage. Needless to say, after a tedious hour of looking, I found a vid.

So here you go:

[URL]http://tallah.org/video/mgs4.wmv[/URL]

Snake looks very, very old, but can that stop him from running, smoking and doing everything he has previously done...well, again? Nope, I don't think so.

Anyway, check out the vid, and enjoy a full 8 minutes of it!
Mon 19/09/05 at 22:00
Regular
Try Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion, Quake IV, Kameo, Ghost Recon, and Gears Of War, Resi 5.

Remeber too that the Metal Gear Solid games are the best the PS2 has to offer because Konami are that damn good and if they release a Substance pack on the 360 the game will be ported looking just as good anyway ;-).

If you want to get technical the RSX chip only supports Shader Model 3.0 where the Xbox 360 surpasses Shader Model 3.0 but is expected to fall just short of WGF compatability. Not bad considering it's the first unified shader architecture everm but I'm not expecting you to have the first idea about what I just said.
Mon 19/09/05 at 21:49
Regular
"You have a choice"
Ahh whatever. All I know is, PS3 has Metal Gear Solid 4. Which means thats the console I'm getting. It's gponna be soo cool, you can play around with the cut-scenes in MGS4 as you could in 2 and 3! Kojima also said you can play with the lighting and cast your own shadows! Neat, huh!?

Btw, I sincerely hope D.O.A 4 is NOT the best Xbox 360 has to offer, I just found it on IGN compare graphics, and there definatly not on par with the PS3...not by a long shot.

If it can do better than fair play, but if thats the best it can turn out then it is going down...
Mon 19/09/05 at 21:48
Regular
Lukeman wrote:
> Awesome graphics though, if they can keep it up in-game then goodbye
> Xbox 360...

Ding, ding, ding! We have a loser! ;-).
Mon 19/09/05 at 21:48
Regular
Emitime wrote:
> Because they'll be exactly the same (depending on the developers).

Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner.
Mon 19/09/05 at 21:46
Regular
"\\"
But there's no noticable differences between the two consoles.

I don't get all the "OMG PS3 HAS BETTER GRAPHICS" crap.

Because they'll be exactly the same (depending on the developers).
Mon 19/09/05 at 21:02
Regular
"You have a choice"
What an awesome trailer....

It's really 10 years after the shell...? Hmmm....Snake with gry hair is WEIRD! I gotta admit, I kinda hope that's just a promo thing and we act pic up just a cuple o years after the shell, but I know thats probs just wishful thinking. Will probs like him more with David Hayter doing the voice!

Awesome graphics though, if they can keep it up in-game then goodbye Xbox 360...
Mon 19/09/05 at 19:49
Regular
"youngest regular"
it wont start up jackass.
get us an address.
Mon 19/09/05 at 17:35
Regular
I've just hopped over to IGN where they have hi-res stills from the game, and it does look damn impressive.
Mon 19/09/05 at 17:06
Regular
Depends on your outlook I suppose. There's nothing thre that hasn't been seen before in games such as Half Life 2 in terms of grpahics technology or achievements, and I've seen better material shaders on some of the demos from Xbox 360 games, but that could be a lot to do with the poor quality (reolution and compression artefacts) of the video I watched.

The models did look really nice and detailed though, but then I haven't been able to pick out anything here looking better than Gears Of War. The one thing MGS does have going for it is that it's MGS and as a rule these are games I love, so I'm looking forward to seeing gameplay footage of how the new buddy AI works etc. That's if the rumours of it being a squad game in sections are true, of course.
Mon 19/09/05 at 17:02
Regular
"Anger leads to hate"
True -i get you now. Still impressive though.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.