GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Metal gear solid 4 footage for the ps3!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots'.
Sat 17/09/05 at 23:24
Regular
"Jackpot!"
Well, it's been a little while since I have been on these forums, and after browsing around, looking to see which games are going to hit the shelves, I thought I'd have a look for metal gear solid 4 footage. Needless to say, after a tedious hour of looking, I found a vid.

So here you go:

[URL]http://tallah.org/video/mgs4.wmv[/URL]

Snake looks very, very old, but can that stop him from running, smoking and doing everything he has previously done...well, again? Nope, I don't think so.

Anyway, check out the vid, and enjoy a full 8 minutes of it!
Thu 22/09/05 at 07:20
Regular
"\\"
Vergil wrote:
> It's not everyday that you get to see a game of such high quality go
> onto a next gen console, such as the PS3!

Probably once in a lifettime?

'Cause no games have ever looked this good before on previous consoles, and games will look better than this in the next gen.
Thu 22/09/05 at 01:29
Regular
"Jackpot!"
Hmm, ok people, is the video all working fine for you now? It's a shame he's getting old, but then there have been tons of metal gear games. That's cgi footage like many of you will know, but I think it still looks pretty sweet.

It's not everyday that you get to see a game of such high quality go onto a next gen console, such as the PS3!

I'm glad a lot of you like the clip, and I'll be buying it asap...you should too. :D

It would be even better if it became a launch title!
Wed 21/09/05 at 20:29
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Das angegebene Skript konnte nicht fehlerfrei ausgeführt werden!
Tue 20/09/05 at 14:13
Regular
ssxpro wrote:
> Jokes and fun poking aside, we're not going to know much more for at
> least a year and even then, it'll be difficult to make any proper
> comparisons if the consoles are so young. Maybe at the end of 2007
> we'll be able to say "Ooh, games look better on this"

That's just not true :-).

But I guess people will be getting sick fed up hearing that from me anyway.

It'll be more like the Xbox first time around where games didn't really improve all that much from the beginning of the console to current games because it's based on PC graphics tech which a lot of developers are good at using anyway and which there are a lot of resources around for good shader algorithms to get good effects such as realistic looking water and metals etc.

I genuinely believe that this is the first generation where the console itself doesn't matter all that much and the skill and work-rate of the developers counts for everything.
Tue 20/09/05 at 13:01
Regular
Jokes and fun poking aside, we're not going to know much more for at least a year and even then, it'll be difficult to make any proper comparisons if the consoles are so young. Maybe at the end of 2007 we'll be able to say "Ooh, games look better on this" (for whatever reason, developer skill/money, whatever) and I imagine sales figures will get thrown around, not that either company is going to do badly (that seat appears to be reserved with a big N at the moment).

Anyway, even more seriously,

Bonus wrote:
> PS3 games will look far better than X-Box 360 games.

Hedfix confirmed:
> Yes they will.

ssxpro admitted:
> I'm not funny. I'm not original. I just get bored sometimes.
Tue 20/09/05 at 12:37
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> Actually I'd just simplify that to 'some people will never go to
> lengths to understand the hardware inside games consoles'.
>
> I don't know much about the hardware of either machine but I don't
> expect to be laughed at because of this and I don't see why anyone
> should be unless they're trying to use limited understanding of
> hardware to prove a point (but even then you can't blame them for not
> knowing everything - so it's going too far to laugh at them).

People are using their limited understanding of hardware to say, "OMG, the PS3 will blow the 360 away". That sort of comment will be met with a laugh because one of the biggest thing about the next gen is that the graphics chips have programmable shaders in them, so the consoles will only look as good as the individual developers can make them.

Another major feature is that the processors are multi-core so again it's going to be down to what individual developers can get from them.

So if people just stick to saying that they want a PS3 because it'll have better games, then that's a fair point to make. If they want to say they'll get a PS3 because it will wee on the 360 from a great height because the hardware is light-years ahead they'll get a good old chuckle.
Tue 20/09/05 at 10:04
Regular
"8==="
Emitime wrote:
>
> Prey on the other hand!
>
> (I don't care if no one else seems to notice it, I KNOW it will be
> the best thing ever)

I share the general sentiment of this post.
Tue 20/09/05 at 10:02
Regular
"8==="
Bonus wrote:
> Very true :-).
>
> I just need to remember that some people will never understand the
> hardware inside games consoles and will believe the marketting hype
> :-).

Actually I'd just simplify that to 'some people will never go to lengths to understand the hardware inside games consoles'.

I don't know much about the hardware of either machine but I don't expect to be laughed at because of this and I don't see why anyone should be unless they're trying to use limited understanding of hardware to prove a point (but even then you can't blame them for not knowing everything - so it's going too far to laugh at them).

Ultimately it's about the games. If I want to play a game that only one console has then I'll get that console to play it: simple. Multiformat games will be practically identical on both machines becauses there's simply not enough hardware difference to make any great difference.

They can market the crap out of both machines but if one has poor games I for one certainly won't be purchasing it because of the spin.
Tue 20/09/05 at 09:40
Regular
Bonus wrote:
> Anyway, I bet you didn't know that because the 360 is water cooled,
> you need to connect a hose to your kitchen sink......

I just know that people are going to misinterpret what that hose is for. They'll just think its designed for whole new levels of interaction when playing Sims XXX or something equally stupid.
Tue 20/09/05 at 08:22
Regular
"\\"
Lukeman wrote:
> Btw, I sincerely hope D.O.A 4 is NOT the best Xbox 360 has to offer,
> I just found it on IGN compare graphics, and there definatly not on
> par with the PS3...not by a long shot.

It probably is the worst game I've seen for the Xbox 360.

Prey on the other hand!

(I don't care if no one else seems to notice it, I KNOW it will be the best thing ever)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.