GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Metal gear solid 4 footage for the ps3!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots'.
Sat 17/09/05 at 23:24
Regular
"Jackpot!"
Well, it's been a little while since I have been on these forums, and after browsing around, looking to see which games are going to hit the shelves, I thought I'd have a look for metal gear solid 4 footage. Needless to say, after a tedious hour of looking, I found a vid.

So here you go:

[URL]http://tallah.org/video/mgs4.wmv[/URL]

Snake looks very, very old, but can that stop him from running, smoking and doing everything he has previously done...well, again? Nope, I don't think so.

Anyway, check out the vid, and enjoy a full 8 minutes of it!
Thu 29/09/05 at 16:45
Regular
"You have a choice"
Ant wrote:
> The music was possibly the greatest thing about MGS1. It was utterly
> awesome, whether it was just in the background in-game, or whether it
> was during moments such as the death of Sniper Wolf. It was perfect,
> and the soundtracks in both MGS2 and MGS3 were no where near as
> good...but still good.

I agree MGS1 music was awesome, but I don't think it compares to the main theme or the cut-scene music of MGS2, (although the in-game BGM for MGS2 wasnt as good) and i think the in-game BGM on 3 was better than 1. Thats just what I think. ANyone know if Harry-Gregson Williams is cominback for 4?
Tue 27/09/05 at 23:07
Regular
"topgamer above all"
I hear hat a lot!
Tue 27/09/05 at 23:05
Regular
"\\"
The Best is Yet to Come <3
Tue 27/09/05 at 23:02
Regular
"I like cheese"
The music was possibly the greatest thing about MGS1. It was utterly awesome, whether it was just in the background in-game, or whether it was during moments such as the death of Sniper Wolf. It was perfect, and the soundtracks in both MGS2 and MGS3 were no where near as good...but still good.
Mon 26/09/05 at 16:36
Regular
"\\"
I still reckon there's a single sound effect you hear when Mantis is around that was taken out for the remake. This sound effect MADE the game for me.

But everyone thinks it doesn't exist.

And i've lost disc 1 on my original PS1 version so I can't check either :(
Sun 25/09/05 at 22:19
Regular
"Divine Davine"
No way, it made the game more diverse and flexible - the thing that annoyed me about the game, though, is that it seriously lacked in additional extras to expand upon the gameplay - it could of had the VR missions and mini missions (like Snake tales), but noooo, they had to be lazy.

GREAT game though. And a terrific nostalgia trip, too :)
Sun 25/09/05 at 20:45
Regular
"\\"
The remake murdered MGS1.

They took away alot of the original S/T, which really ruined it IMO.

Also being able to do things like First Person makes it all too easy.
Sun 25/09/05 at 20:15
Regular
"I like cheese"
Hmph, I still wanna play the MGS remake, but I'd have to get a bloody GameCube to do so.

But to be honest, Sons Of Liberty and Snake Eater, whilst both being excellent games, never lived up to MGS on the PlayStation. I'm hoping MGS4 might be able to, considering it's supposed to be the epic conclusion to the series and all that.
Sun 25/09/05 at 08:26
Regular
"\\"
To be honest, i'd rather have a really good physics engine.

And I mean so good that it does things down to the atom. So say you had two elements, you could put them together and it would produce a reaction, with the engine doing it in real time.

That would be impressive.
Sun 25/09/05 at 04:39
Regular
"Jackpot!"
Haha, probably, but then think about what the graphics might be like when the PS4 comes out, as there'll probably be one.

I don't like the idea that all games will become so good looking in the end, that you won't be able to tell the difference from a game to real life...comparing pictures to graphics etc.

Imagine playing a game with a person that looks like any other person on the street in reality. That would suck...everyone would be going crazy wanting to see nude women on their games then, rather than in real life, as most girls are too expensive anyway. :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.