GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"crap"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'World of Warcraft'.
Mon 26/09/05 at 13:03
Regular
Moved into my room at UEA.

WoW - Cannot connect to server
Warcraft III - Cannot connect to battle.net

It must be something with the university's network but I don't know much about it.

umm help?
Tue 27/09/05 at 20:24
Regular
"Selected"
I think you're refering to the elite squad of battle hardened soilders I was trying to assemble when you haplessly stumbled into my platoon like some shotgun toting elmer fudd character.
Tue 27/09/05 at 18:14
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
mikelar wrote:
> At my uni we did a thing called learning

So was that your "Learning Squad" I was in earlier?
Tue 27/09/05 at 18:06
Regular
"8==="
Plenty of spare time at uni.

Unless you chose a silly course.

"You mean I only have to choose two books to read and examine and that's 1/4 of my course done for a term?!"
Tue 27/09/05 at 18:03
Regular
mikelar wrote:
> At my uni we did a thing called learning

Please go away.

If you seriously think I came to Uni so I could play games all day then I pity you. Beleive it or not, some people have hobbies and interests they like to pursue when they have spare time.

Anyway, those two programs worked, all the WoW data is now sent through the ports UEA does let you have open, so thanks a lot.
Tue 27/09/05 at 17:31
Regular
"Selected"
At my uni we did a thing called learning
Tue 27/09/05 at 15:42
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
At my Uni they had a panel in one of the walls open up to reveal the entrance to the data centre, servers, stuff like that. Was quite funny when I knocked on it one day and asked them to enable ftp access for me. They said no, then went back in the wall.
Tue 27/09/05 at 15:28
Regular
"Captain to you."
Your much better off asking for the ports to be opened than trying to use a program to circumvent(sp?) their security.
Tue 27/09/05 at 14:35
Regular
I've got both downloaded and ready to try, but there's another problem I'll share later (got a lecture soon). Thankfully I already have a possible solution, just need ot know how to do it.
Tue 27/09/05 at 14:08
Regular
If you don't wish to speak to them in person - email them, it's safe and discreet then.
Tue 27/09/05 at 13:43
Regular
"Excommunicated"
If you're paying for the connection then it sucks if they don't.

It isn't as playing games online is such a rare thing.
I'm off to play WoW MWAHA

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.