GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Guitarists...again"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 26/12/02 at 19:54
Regular
Got myself a guitar for Christmas, Epiphone Les Paul.
Very nice.
Anyway my dad is going to try teach me the basics then build it up from there.
At the moment with uni, uni work etc I can't afford the time or money to get lessons from someone who does it and is good at it.

SO could anyone give me some good begginers books, webpages. Pointers in where to start etc - just incase my dad begins to annoy me. :-)

Thanks if you can offer any helpful pointers.
Sun 29/12/02 at 10:51
Regular
"The flux capacitor!"
AliBoy wrote:
> Anyone got any names of good books or DVD's that help with the
> basics?
> Or webpages?
>
> Would like something to read or watch that would help me progress in
> the right dirrection but there is so many books etc that chances are I
> would buy something crap.

Didn't you get an instructional video with your guitar or a booklet? I did with both my guitars, so I thought you would've. Anyway, first order of the day if you haven't already: get a plectrum (or plucker, for the late person :P). It's MUCH easier to play with a plectrum, or for me, anyway. Plus, it stops getting sore fingers :D

Use google.co.uk to search for a chord list and learn the 7 (I think) main chords. Then playing guitar becomes a LITTLE easier :D

Need any more help, just drop me a buzz.
Sun 29/12/02 at 10:53
Regular
"The flux capacitor!"
Starlight wrote:
> When I started out I hired books from the library, so you may want to
> try that.
>
> On a similar note, for christmas I got the Office scripts book and
> inside is the tab and lyrics for one of the songs that David plays in
> episode 4 (I think it's episode 4), "Freelove Freeway"
>
> Real easy to learn, being playing it all afternoon. I love it. :)

Ha! CLASSIC! He should release an album, hell, with tabs :)
Sun 29/12/02 at 10:53
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
POST IT!
Sun 29/12/02 at 10:59
Regular
"The flux capacitor!"
In the words of El Blokey's tagline: me wants it! :P

POST THE TAB BOY-O!
Sun 29/12/02 at 11:49
Regular
I did'nt get an instructional video either, But i'm going to get lessons and stuff soon.

Yesturday I figured my guitar was out of tune, So with a little help form www.mxtabs.com I tuned it and now it sounds alot better. Now I can play the intro to Metallica - Nothing Else Matters (Yes I know, That is like the easiest thing ever, It involves no fretted strings)
Sun 29/12/02 at 12:45
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
I got plectrums and a tuner with the guitar but didn't get any books or videos. Probably because my dad had stuff which we can't seem to find in the house.

Found a few books but not much beginners stuff. Have got one with the basic chords in it which I am trying to practice.
Sun 29/12/02 at 16:47
I cant believe you lot who got guitars for xmas think your going to be good in like two days. Like ProEvo saying he's still crap!? Its going to take you at least half a year to learn the basics, and you probably wont master the basics for another half a year. I found that books and sites were pants and you can never do any better than one on one tuition. If there is something you dont understand in a book you have no one to ask and will probably give up quickly. Be realistic in your progress.
Sun 29/12/02 at 17:06
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Ermmm... calm down mate.

I started playing about six or seven years ago. Have to say I'm bloody good now, and I've never even thought about having a lesson. What you want to do is grab yourself a few beginners tab books or the chords for a couple of songs off the net and go for it. All very simple, truth is there isn't an easier instrument to play - any old fool can do it (and I include myself in that).

Me dinner is just on the table - I'll give some recommendations later.
Sun 29/12/02 at 17:36
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
I've been going on my acoustic for 6 months now, and I'm still crap. Can play the intro to Mr Jones though.
Sun 29/12/02 at 17:59
Dr Gonzo wrote:
> Ermmm... calm down mate.
>
> I started playing about six or seven years ago. Have to say I'm
> bloody good now, and I've never even thought about having a lesson.
> What you want to do is grab yourself a few beginners tab books or the
> chords for a couple of songs off the net and go for it. All very
> simple, truth is there isn't an easier instrument to play - any old
> fool can do it (and I include myself in that).
>
> Me dinner is just on the table - I'll give some recommendations later.

I'm sure you are very good

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.