GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Guitarists...again"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 26/12/02 at 19:54
Regular
Got myself a guitar for Christmas, Epiphone Les Paul.
Very nice.
Anyway my dad is going to try teach me the basics then build it up from there.
At the moment with uni, uni work etc I can't afford the time or money to get lessons from someone who does it and is good at it.

SO could anyone give me some good begginers books, webpages. Pointers in where to start etc - just incase my dad begins to annoy me. :-)

Thanks if you can offer any helpful pointers.
Thu 26/12/02 at 19:54
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Got myself a guitar for Christmas, Epiphone Les Paul.
Very nice.
Anyway my dad is going to try teach me the basics then build it up from there.
At the moment with uni, uni work etc I can't afford the time or money to get lessons from someone who does it and is good at it.

SO could anyone give me some good begginers books, webpages. Pointers in where to start etc - just incase my dad begins to annoy me. :-)

Thanks if you can offer any helpful pointers.
Thu 26/12/02 at 20:16
Regular
www.mxtabs.com
Thu 26/12/02 at 20:31
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
or www.mxtabs.net

:P
Thu 26/12/02 at 20:47
Regular
:p
Thu 26/12/02 at 20:49
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Cheers, also looking at cyberfret.com

Hopefully will help
:-)
Thu 26/12/02 at 21:02
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
www.bandtabs.com is pretty useful for when learning a few songs as it's nice and straight forward. Not much on it though compared to most sites.

Unless of course they've changed it, I haven't been on there for a while.
Fri 27/12/02 at 10:28
Regular
"Acid Casual"
Listen to your favourite records and try and work them out on the guitar. Its the best way and you'll feel really satisfied when you start to bash tunes out.
Fri 27/12/02 at 10:31
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
www.olga.net and www.guitartabs.cc for when you're a beginner, and be a real man, get a tape and figure it out for yourself when you've got the hang of it.

Just like he said.
Fri 27/12/02 at 11:07
Regular
Download Cakewalk.
Fri 27/12/02 at 11:17
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
gamezfreak wrote:
> Download Cakewalk.

ARGH!

Sonar is better, but they both annoy me intensely. How would this help? It's a music composing program...and the guitars on it sound like crappy keyboards!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.