GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Guitarists...again"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 26/12/02 at 19:54
Regular
Got myself a guitar for Christmas, Epiphone Les Paul.
Very nice.
Anyway my dad is going to try teach me the basics then build it up from there.
At the moment with uni, uni work etc I can't afford the time or money to get lessons from someone who does it and is good at it.

SO could anyone give me some good begginers books, webpages. Pointers in where to start etc - just incase my dad begins to annoy me. :-)

Thanks if you can offer any helpful pointers.
Fri 27/12/02 at 11:55
Regular
"The flux capacitor!"
El Blokey wrote:
> www.olga.net and www.guitartabs.cc for when you're a beginner, and be
> a real man, get a tape and figure it out for yourself when you've got
> the hang of it.
>
> Just like he said.

OLGA sucks. You have to have a programme to open .crd files, as pretty much of them are said format. I just put the tab I want into a search engine and voila!

Got a pretty good Blink 182 tab the other day. Bloody hard though, as I have small hands, reaching over to four or five frets can be a problem :P
Fri 27/12/02 at 12:49
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
I got myself a guitar for Christmas as well. Just been messing around on it so far, trying to learn intros and solos from songs I like. Learnt the Scar Tissue end solo last night. Going to try Nothing Else Matters and Son't Cry solos now (yeah right!!).
Fri 27/12/02 at 13:29
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
It may not be the most user friendly, but I always find their stuff to be super accurate.
Fri 27/12/02 at 13:51
Regular
"Acid Casual"
The Glorious Teng wrote:
> Going to try Nothing Else
> Matters and Son't Cry solos now (yeah right!!).

NEM I believe is just based around E Pentatonic minor which is pretty simple. Good luck.
Fri 27/12/02 at 14:43
Regular
"The flux capacitor!"
El Blokey wrote:
> It may not be the most user friendly, but I always find their stuff to
> be super accurate.

BUT WHAT DO YOU OPEN .CRD FILES WITH!?!?!?
Fri 27/12/02 at 14:59
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Got me a electric guitar for christmas also, been wanting one since i was 6...only took 12 years to get one.

So far...im crap, but im persistant, so ill get there.
Sat 28/12/02 at 12:22
Regular
I got an Electric Guitar for Xmas aswell.

I've not been able to do much, be i'll get there, eventually.
Sat 28/12/02 at 12:47
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Yeah, I'm pretty crap at the moment.
Trying to learn the basics etc.
Sat 28/12/02 at 16:55
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Anyone got any names of good books or DVD's that help with the basics?
Or webpages?

Would like something to read or watch that would help me progress in the right dirrection but there is so many books etc that chances are I would buy something crap.
Sun 29/12/02 at 00:59
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
When I started out I hired books from the library, so you may want to try that.

On a similar note, for christmas I got the Office scripts book and inside is the tab and lyrics for one of the songs that David plays in episode 4 (I think it's episode 4), "Freelove Freeway"

Real easy to learn, being playing it all afternoon. I love it. :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.