GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Guitarists...again"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 26/12/02 at 19:54
Regular
Got myself a guitar for Christmas, Epiphone Les Paul.
Very nice.
Anyway my dad is going to try teach me the basics then build it up from there.
At the moment with uni, uni work etc I can't afford the time or money to get lessons from someone who does it and is good at it.

SO could anyone give me some good begginers books, webpages. Pointers in where to start etc - just incase my dad begins to annoy me. :-)

Thanks if you can offer any helpful pointers.
Sun 05/01/03 at 12:45
Regular
Gangsta Hamsta wrote:
> As for tuners, I downloaded a free one from somewhere - very accurate
> too. If you need a URL, I'll try and dig it up for you.

Yes Please!
Sun 05/01/03 at 01:26
Regular
"Not your monkey"
Only got a few minutes so haven't read all these replies.

If you want tabs, you can use the search engines or just try mxtabs.net (or something like that)

As for tuners, I downloaded a free one from somewhere - very accurate too. If you need a URL, I'll try and dig it up for you.

may be playprosoft.com or something!

Enjoy ya jamming!
Tue 31/12/02 at 14:37
Regular
I use one :-P
Tue 31/12/02 at 14:37
Regular
Not really. Tuning by ear is knowing a note from scratch, tuning to a pitch fork is tuning to a note.

And it looks cool, holding a little metal thing and tuning.
Tue 31/12/02 at 13:51
Regular
"keep your receipt"
i've been playing guitar since June now and I can play quite well imo. I started off with a book called Total Rock Guitar by Troy Stetina (absolute guitar God). It really helps if you get a songbook from a band you really love too, because that'll keep you going when you get stuck on something and feel like giving up.
For example, Barre chords gave me a bit of gip for a little while and I was ready to give in but then one day i got it and it was the best feeling ever! I love guitar.

I've got a pretty basic Yamaha guitar at the moment, buying an acoustic in the New Year and if I get good GCSE results next May then the 'rents are gonna buy me a phat Fender! And my band is heading up to Wales in February to record our first demo CD. Life is good.
Mon 30/12/02 at 22:44
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Thanks for the info DrGonzo
Mon 30/12/02 at 20:42
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
I know that - what I'm saying is if you can use a tuning fork your ear will probably be good enough to tune the low E correctly from memory anyway and therefore making the fork redundant.

I've never seen anyone tune a guitar using a tuning fork, frankly the idea sounds bizarre. I know it works, but I really can't see the point. Much like the hammer/nut.
Mon 30/12/02 at 20:32
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Uh, no.

You can use it to compare notess (6 string 5 fret for A, for example) but you don't need to know from memory.
Mon 30/12/02 at 20:32
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Uh, no.

You can use it to compare notess (6 string 5 fret for A, for example) but you don't need to know from memory.
Mon 30/12/02 at 20:25
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
But that's like the old hammer to crack the nut sort of thing. If you're ear is good enough to tune the rest from the low E it'll be good enough to tune the original note from memory anyway.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.