GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Conflict: Global Storm"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Conflict Global Storm'.
Mon 17/10/05 at 21:08
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Anyone picked this up ? Just wondering cause it has online co-op. My friend just bought it and also bought the game for me too. Should be fun gunning down terrorists. The reviews have had alot of praise for it.

I'll be going online with it soon for some co-op with my friend. Hope the medals are still in the game. ;-)
Tue 18/10/05 at 15:37
Regular
"8==="
I think everyone was playing Freedom Fighters by then.

I preferred C:DS 2 because it actually required some skill to complete, although I expect the Cube version of CD:S was slightly harder: I'd already completed the Xbox version on all difficulties in single player and it was hard enough playing with my friends getting torn apart by the Xbox AI without them being any more difficult.

In single player the open areas in C:DS just made it too easy to setup killzones and waltz through the levels.
Tue 18/10/05 at 15:37
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Vietnam sucked balls. Thank god the series is getting back on track.
Tue 18/10/05 at 15:40
Regular
"8==="
English Redneck wrote:
> Vietnam sucked balls. Thank god the series is getting back on track.

I only played the demo and decided to leave it. Tbh I thought I'd out grown the series as a gamer until they announced the online co-op which is the only reason I want to get this new one.
Tue 18/10/05 at 15:55
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Yeah its the co-op that got me wanting to play this one. If the series hadn't made that step, I don't think there would have been so much interest. Most XBox owners seem to look for online content in their games now. Personally I love online co-op. :-)
Tue 18/10/05 at 16:04
Regular
"gsybe you!"
CDS II was too boxed in, I agree. The open levels on the original may not of looked amazing, but they were great fun. Although, the siege level in co-op on CDSII was awesome. But then again, so was the helicopter crash level on the original.
Tue 18/10/05 at 16:10
Regular
"8==="
It was the boxed in closeness that actually made it a challenge though.

Otherwise it'd just be another turkey shoot.
Tue 18/10/05 at 21:21
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Nah, CDS was better. The night time level was solid - CDS II was tricky as well, yeah, but the fact is you still got shot at lots in both.
Tue 18/10/05 at 22:19
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Hedfix wrote:
> Oh yeah that's right, it was out WAY after the Xbox version and had
> some of the AI from C:DS 2 in it which was soon to be on Xbox making
> owning the Cube version of C:DS rather pointless if you already had
> the Xbox version and were getting C:DS 2.

You're making out that CDS and CDS2 are exactly the same game, with the AI in CDS2 on the Xbox making CDS on the Gamecube seem pointless.

Which is just crazy.

CDS is better than CDS2. 2 was far too short, and had some questionable enemy AI.
Wed 19/10/05 at 02:58
Regular
"8==="
No I wasn't, I was saying it was pretty pointles buying the GC version having completed the Xbox version just for a few tweaks when the better CD:S 2 was coming out shortly on the platform.

And C:DS 2 was much better because the level design actually made it a challenge.
Wed 19/10/05 at 17:21
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Ah right, you were speaking from a personal viewpoint. That makes all the difference.

Some of the levels in CDS2 were fantastic, yes, but there simply weren't enough of them. I think if there had been 5 or 6 more (so that the number at least equalled that in the original), I probably would have preferred CDS2.

The fact that it was more street-orientated was a good thing, but the open desert missions weren't as good as they were in CDS1.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.