GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Conflict: Global Storm"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Conflict Global Storm'.
Mon 17/10/05 at 21:08
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Anyone picked this up ? Just wondering cause it has online co-op. My friend just bought it and also bought the game for me too. Should be fun gunning down terrorists. The reviews have had alot of praise for it.

I'll be going online with it soon for some co-op with my friend. Hope the medals are still in the game. ;-)
Mon 17/10/05 at 21:08
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Anyone picked this up ? Just wondering cause it has online co-op. My friend just bought it and also bought the game for me too. Should be fun gunning down terrorists. The reviews have had alot of praise for it.

I'll be going online with it soon for some co-op with my friend. Hope the medals are still in the game. ;-)
Tue 18/10/05 at 08:32
Regular
"8==="
I'll play if your friend buys me a copy too.
Tue 18/10/05 at 10:27
Regular
If you're played any of the previous games, you've played Global Storm.

It all seemed little bit familiar and dated to me.

If you want an excellent co-op game however, I highly recommend Serious Sam 2. 4 player online and it's so much fun.
Tue 18/10/05 at 10:30
Regular
"8==="
Except this is 4 player online unlike the other C:DS games.

Having played 4 player co-op on Close Combat:First to Fight and finding it excellent this sort of co-op should be amazing.
Tue 18/10/05 at 12:08
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Its great in co-op. Especially when you can heal your team mates who get gunned down. The only thing I don't like are the enemies. "Military tactics" are apparently used by them. They must have asked an army in the Middle East, cause I don't know any other (maybe Zulus) that would just run at you like a suicidal athletic sprinter.

Whats worse is that they tend to be pretty accurate while setting new athletic records, while your guys can't seem to hit anything just for standing up. So of course, to get more accuracy, you lay on the ground - which leads to the problem of you turning your aim, being slower than their running. So in no time at all, they're on top of you, and shooting you while you're on the floor.

They also seem to have that annoying Ghost Recon enemy ability to just shake off bullets alot. The combination of shaking bullets off and the huge recoil, just put me right off being the sniper. Good point is of course like the other games in the series, you can pick up other guns and have one as backup.

The co-op definatly makes up for any flaws though. Don't think my friends forking out for any extra copies - sorry Hedfix. ;-)
One more game to buy before the 360 comes out and thats Battlefront 2, which my cousin and friend are also grabbing. Anyone else fancy joining us on the Imperial side and trashing Rebels ? ;-)
Tue 18/10/05 at 12:14
Regular
"8==="
Let me have the M249 guy and I'll show you how it's done.

I'll charge ahead and you guys pick of the few ones that I miss with my several hundred bullets. ;)

I used to do entire missions just with that guy on his own.
Tue 18/10/05 at 12:32
Regular
I'm all about using the demolitions guy with the silenced MP5.
Tue 18/10/05 at 12:33
Regular
"8==="
and the shotgun.

Oh yes.
Tue 18/10/05 at 12:38
Regular
CDS 1 & 2 were brillaint. Vietnam was a total let down.

I have the new one on PC and I'm waiting a few weeks to play it co-op with a friend. Hopefully it'll be better than Vietnam but if it isn't, it's not [S][S]like I've wasted any money on it anyway ^^
Tue 18/10/05 at 12:43
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I was always Foley, picking off the noobs on the horizon. 4 player CDS on Cube was such good fun.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.