GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Conflict: Global Storm"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Conflict Global Storm'.
Mon 17/10/05 at 21:08
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Anyone picked this up ? Just wondering cause it has online co-op. My friend just bought it and also bought the game for me too. Should be fun gunning down terrorists. The reviews have had alot of praise for it.

I'll be going online with it soon for some co-op with my friend. Hope the medals are still in the game. ;-)
Thu 20/10/05 at 17:30
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Well that was some well fought terrorist owning. ;-) I've actually got my first medal by hitting 100 kills. :-)
Thu 20/10/05 at 17:37
Regular
"8==="
Eh? You mean with the kills for the two missions added together? Or just 100 kills throughout your entire online play?

Anyway, yes EVERYONE who enjoyed previous conflict games and has a Live connection should definitely pick this game up ASAP.
Thu 20/10/05 at 18:00
Regular
When you're playing with 2 people, do you have to control 2 squad members each?

The only thing that really puts me off this game is the clunky squad mechanics. After playing Brothers in Arms, the squad controls in the Conflict series just seem incredibly dated.
Thu 20/10/05 at 18:05
Regular
"8==="
Hmm there might be a way to play it with AI teammates online, but we played it so each person just had control of one squad person. Me and Redneck played quite a bit of a level a few times with just the two of us, which was pretty damn hard but an enjoyable challenge.

When we restarted and had to choose who to play again I was just about to choose the sniper so we could progress properly through a hard bit when we had more people join again so that challenge sort of ended.

It was a great bit of 2 player though. :)
Thu 20/10/05 at 18:05
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Overall online play. My kills over the missions we did were around the 60 mark. :-)

Tilt - you just control one person. So theres no orders to give out to other guys, people can get into your lobby though and fill another role as you go through the missions. Not quite as unforgiving as Ghost Recon, cause you can heal your fallen comrades (like the series has always done). ;-)
Thu 20/10/05 at 18:13
Regular
"8==="
There were some really great moments. Charging through enemy fire to heal your teammate who's just about to die is an excellent thrill.

I changed roles so many times during the second mission, it was great. First I was laying covering fire and manically going after people. Then I was lying prone and laying covering fire at the back as redneck went to shutdown a turret and the sniper on my right needed healing so I did that too.

Then we triple teamed another turret after a bit of trial and error, I was out of ammo so I scavanged some, then the other two took the long way up to the next bit: I got ahead and started laying down fire from inside an overlooking cave and I took out most of an area single-handed, then I ran out of ammo so I jumped down and started taking people out with my knife! I ran up to a turret I'd cleared and started jumping out and knifing the patrolling soldiers, then one jumped out of another cave and fell right onto my knife!

Then we properly met up again, I got the Sniper's back as yet another guard dived out of the cave and started to line up his weapon. Then I got hold of an SMG and me and Redneck took the fight up close and personal. Then I was examining a side alley when the other two were surprised by and fought and destroyed a helicopter gunship. Then Rednck went to check out the door to see if we could c4 it and then the Sniper was jumped by more guards so I ran up to help gunning down more guards and then we made it to the end of the level.

Quality stuff. :)
Thu 20/10/05 at 18:28
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Beginning of that second level was funny. ;-) When I went to stealth kill that guy, but then you ran and got his attention - so as soon as he turned towards us I just quickly knifed him and we hit the deck as all the guards came running out screaming and firing. ;-))

Always fun using the C4 on that tank too. ;-) Attacking those gun emplacements had to be my favourite moments. Nothing like trying to run at it and diving behind cover while your team mates try to keep the guards off your back. ;-)

The co-op of this game just rules. Even when it was just the two of us, we seemed to cause plenty of destruction and death. :-)
Thu 20/10/05 at 18:29
Regular
"8==="
On another note the puffs of blood when you hit the enemy are superb.
Thu 20/10/05 at 18:30
Regular
"8==="
English Redneck wrote:
>
> The co-op of this game just rules. Even when it was just the two of
> us, we seemed to cause plenty of destruction and death. :-)

Yeah, all we needed was one of us to be a Sniper for the turret bits and we'd have waltzed through it.
Thu 20/10/05 at 18:30
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Yeah you always know when you get a headshot. Really looks like they've just been brained. ;-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.