GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WoW Instance tim,es"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'World of Warcraft'.
Tue 18/10/05 at 16:36
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Does anyone have any info on how long different instances take to do?

times not guides, not help, times only. Before numpties post links to dungeon guides.

I only ask as I was going to do Sunken Temple last night, before I was told it can take anything from 2 - 6 hours. At 8.30 on a school night, that possibly takes me till 2.30am before completion.
Wed 19/10/05 at 10:01
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Bullett wrote:
> Heh, I've sat round my Mum's house while Kim has ran MC - I remember
> one time everyone was stood inside the entrance for over an hour
> before pulling - then they wiped straight away :D
>
>

The last time I was in (a while ago now), we got to Gehennas, and stood around for 30 minutes, discussing stuff on teamspeak (which half of us didn't even have). Then we wiped anyway, despite all the 'tactics talk!!!'
Wed 19/10/05 at 06:55
Regular
Heh, I've sat round my Mum's house while Kim has ran MC - I remember one time everyone was stood inside the entrance for over an hour before pulling - then they wiped straight away :D

Hopefully when I come along, you guys will know your stuff enough to progress through it a little quicker. Tried to get Attuned last night, then the big pansy server kicked half the population out and wouldn't let them back in. Oh yay.
Tue 18/10/05 at 21:41
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Yeah, that's why MC etc is so boring when you first start it.

I.e it takes about an hour to move half a metre to the first boss, then everyone stands around talking.

YAY.
Tue 18/10/05 at 21:11
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Cheers for the info. Nice to know they (on average) take 2 hours to complete.

To be honest, if it took 4-6 hours an instance to get the juicy loot, I'd quit playing. I simply don't have that amount of time to invest.
Tue 18/10/05 at 20:32
Regular
"gsybe you!"
The earlier instances always took longer, as people were still learning etc. Well, I spent more time in Gnomeregan than any other, which is probably why people hate it.

ST - full clear, including lower area...oo, 2/3 hours? Depends on the group. Shouldn't be too many numpties (actually, yes there are)...go with guild.

Strat raids take about 1/1 and a 1/2 hours. 5 man take waaaay longer. Same with pretty much all of the end game ones, except the 40/20 man three.
Tue 18/10/05 at 17:45
Regular
ST is 2 hours with no wipes.

Quite frankly, If I were in such a crap group that it takes 6 hours I'd quit after about 30 mins at most anyway.

Most of them are roughly 2 hours in fact, unless you're doing a 5 man on things such as strat, scholo and BRS.
Tue 18/10/05 at 16:45
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Firstly, I don't really know.

Though, I do feel your pain as I have often went into an instance at say 8pm and ended up in it for hours. Then feeling sad and guilty I've wasted my night away on a game.
Tue 18/10/05 at 16:36
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Does anyone have any info on how long different instances take to do?

times not guides, not help, times only. Before numpties post links to dungeon guides.

I only ask as I was going to do Sunken Temple last night, before I was told it can take anything from 2 - 6 hours. At 8.30 on a school night, that possibly takes me till 2.30am before completion.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.