GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Football Manager 2006"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Football Manager 2006'.
Fri 21/10/05 at 18:55
Regular
"Mozzy"
Oh yeah! Got my copy today and I must say the new features really work well!

The team talk is very effective, I was 2-0 up and it gave me the choice to say "Dont get too complacent" which really made my team defend well while also trying to get in more oppotunities for Henry and Reyes.

Theres quite a few other features like the 'Manager Snapshot' which you can view by clicking on your manager name. It has lots of info on one screen, everything you need to know like your next opponent, league position, transfer budget etc.

This game has so much depth it's unbelievable.

Go buy it.
Fri 28/10/05 at 20:45
Regular
"hit the road jack"
Mozzy wrote:
> The Ipswich manager just got sacked and I was tempted to take his spot
> and try to save them from relegation (they were 20th) but their
> manager has already spent most of their funds on four really useless
> players.

Sounds about right actually.

Well I got Norwich into Prem and survived first season. About to start my second. Got hold of a few players on the cheap with some decent stats and they're doing really well. Nicky Butt and some Italian defender are two of them.

John Oster had a great debut. Two yellows in 15 mins and got the flu afterwards.
Fri 28/10/05 at 20:23
Regular
"Mozzy"
Just sold A.Cole and just as I was going to sign Dede Schalke came along and snatched him from me.

Now I desperately need a Left back and it's 2 days until the transfer window closes. :(

GALLAS!
Fri 28/10/05 at 19:31
Regular
Gah! Robinson out for a month. Davids and King are also injured.

(From J-42)
Fri 28/10/05 at 18:13
Regular
"Mozzy"
The Ipswich manager just got sacked and I was tempted to take his spot and try to save them from relegation (they were 20th) but their manager has already spent most of their funds on four really useless players.
Fri 28/10/05 at 17:53
Regular
Yeah, sortitoutsi was the site I used.

Haven't seen Elegance but I'm currently using Aurora Flow which is excellent.

Enjoying the new difficulty, it's encouraging me to think a lot more, giving each player specific tactics for each game. Just finished a really satisfying 2-0 European Super Cup win over CSKA Moscow which I pretty much dominated and as a result have the fans on my side.

Been racking up some good results in the Premiership too, 4-1 against Boro at Anfield was pretty good. Won three out of three and face Sunderland next, but first have to play the away leg of the CL 3rd Qualifying Round and I need to win by a goal to make the group stages.

Riise and Sissoko have been astounding for me so far.
Fri 28/10/05 at 17:44
Regular
"Mozzy"
throw-in.com is your friend.

...and sortitoutsi.com

Elegance 2 is the best skin for FM06 so far.
Fri 28/10/05 at 17:31
Regular
Mav wrote:
> Just downloaded a load of custom stuff - faces, background, new skin,
> etc. Feels quite professional now.

From where?

Yeah it is a lot harder now...I've only lost 1 match so far but I keep getting a load of silly draws...
Fri 28/10/05 at 17:05
Regular
Just downloaded a load of custom stuff - faces, background, new skin, etc. Feels quite professional now.
Fri 28/10/05 at 13:43
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Me finding it a lot harder than FM '05. Have to spend more time on tactics.
Fri 28/10/05 at 13:30
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Coin wrote:

> However, I can't tell you that it is worth downloading through a
> torrent site. If you see what I don't mean.

I can't see what you mean so therefore won't do what I don't know what to do.

I think..........

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.