GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Football Manager 2006"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Football Manager 2006'.
Fri 21/10/05 at 18:55
Regular
"Mozzy"
Oh yeah! Got my copy today and I must say the new features really work well!

The team talk is very effective, I was 2-0 up and it gave me the choice to say "Dont get too complacent" which really made my team defend well while also trying to get in more oppotunities for Henry and Reyes.

Theres quite a few other features like the 'Manager Snapshot' which you can view by clicking on your manager name. It has lots of info on one screen, everything you need to know like your next opponent, league position, transfer budget etc.

This game has so much depth it's unbelievable.

Go buy it.
Thu 27/10/05 at 21:26
Regular
Mozzy wrote:
> Kerlon
>
> Everybody should buy this player, he is absolutely amazing! I dont
> think you can sign him straight away because he is Brazilian and
> under 18 but his Birthday is on the 27th January so try to get him
> then.

Yep, Kerlon, otherwise known as the amazing seal man.

[URL] http://aftonbladet.se/atv/player.html?catID=26&clipID=557 [/URL]
Thu 27/10/05 at 19:24
Regular
Yeah, I've got the patch.

Reported the incident to them and sent them the saved match. They thanked me and said it was a bug and has been logged. Will have to go down as just a rubbish refereeing decision in my game world as I've already saved.

Really finding this much more difficult than FM05. I think there must be a lot more emphasis placed on waiting for a team to gel, breaking new players in and adapting to a style, because I'm playing it in much the same way as I did its predecessor and getting far less convincing results.

At present, it's almost impossible to completely control games, which I could do most of the time before against the lesser teams. Anyway, got a good 4-2 opening game win under my belt away to West Ham and face Spurs at home next.
Thu 27/10/05 at 19:10
Regular
"let me eat cake"
I am having real bother setting up a network game, i have followed all the instructions, turned off my firewall etc but there is never anyone in the list to join in on a game and when a pal has used my server/ip address it just says cant connect.
Can anyone help?
Thu 27/10/05 at 18:18
Regular
"Mozzy"
Mav, have you got the latest patch? If not I suggest you get it because it's important. :)

Coin - I've never managed a really low league team before, I usually go for the clubs in the top division and sometimes in the second division.

Kerlon

Everybody should buy this player, he is absolutely amazing! I dont think you can sign him straight away because he is Brazilian and under 18 but his Birthday is on the 27th January so try to get him then.

I was thinking of selling Henry, until I saw that his value has decreased by £10M and decided not to. I might aswell keep him until he leaves.

I bought Cesar Delgado and Freddy Adu - both in my first team, Adu plays in a MR position as he isn't good enough to be one of my main strikers yet and both Ljungberg and Pires are injured for the rest of the season, so I expect Adu to improve alot seeing as I play him in almost every match.

Im getting a Center Back from Monaco, I think he's called Gael Givet. Has some pretty decent stats and is only 24 years old.

TBH, I dont think they have changed much in the game, but there are so many small touches that just make the game so great.

Like when I got a message from Wenger (former manager of the team im playing...) advising me to buy this player he reccomended. He was crap, so I didn't buy him.
Thu 27/10/05 at 14:49
Regular
"Bicycle"
Hohoho.

Just started a new game, unemployed, my copy finally working today (yay for compatibility modes) and got signed by Mansfield.

Not started from the bottom since CM 00/01, so should be tough. I imagine it'll be rife with rubbish loan deals and poor results, but should be fun to watch neverless - maybe it'll prove that tactics win over players... That'd teach Kawada.

(Not that he'll know about it, since he'll be in China - it's kind of a shame really, he's my main vent of FM.)

Edit: Yay, I signed Carlton Cole on a good loan until the end of the season, for £500 p/w, and can play in Cup matches. Now I only need...

- A good midfielder. (x4)
- A good defender. (x4)
- A good keeper. (x1)
- A good striker to partern Cole. (x1)

EDIT: Damn, Chelsea accepted the offer, but Cole rejected me :(.
Thu 27/10/05 at 14:21
Regular
Seems more difficult to me, which is a welcome change.

Started a game with Liverpool and am having difficulty getting the most out of my strikers, though that problem at least has a pleasingly apt realism to it.

Two up front just didn't work, so I sold Morientes and now have Cisse and Crouch giving me two very different options as lone strikers. Cisse is on poorer form, missing so many clear cut chances I could cry, while Crouch has been surprisingly prolific though doesn't get so many opportunities.

Gerrard, finally, is playing like an absolute warrior in midfield. Haven't seen him take a single long-shot yet - hopefully that will change - but his tackling, passing and overall presence are far more like the real thing.

Going into my first Prem game away to West Ham after a frustrating 1-1 home draw with Brondby in the CL 3rd Qualifying round, which brought up a rather interesting incident. Cisse was through on goal, it was just him and the keeper, when he was brought down in the box by the Brondby defender who was rushing back.

Now that's a stone wall penalty, and also a clear cut red card. Yet while the keeper gave the penalty (which Luis Garcia promptly pelted straight down the middle for an easy save for the rooted keeper), the centre-half got off with a yellow. Surely that's a glitch or a flaw in the game's rules?
Mon 24/10/05 at 22:25
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Thought I'd arrange a firendly with "Football Giants" Exeter City to see how my new team (Spurs) Mesh. Didn't bother withany tactics as it was only Exter. To my horror, I conceded a goal after 5 mins, though I laughed it off. Then, after 30 minutes they scored another. Half time came and trhats when I flopped out the old team talk. "The club's pride is at steak" was my weapon of choice. Final Score: Spurs 4-2 Exeter.

I love FM'06.
Mon 24/10/05 at 19:00
Regular
Ah, panic over, I managed to sort it.

You can all relax now.
Mon 24/10/05 at 18:51
Regular
Oh yeah, sure, that really helped...

This is ridiculous. Anyone nice enough to do me a favour and YouSendIt it?
Mon 24/10/05 at 18:42
Regular
Oh wait, I have to register...

My bad.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.