GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Football Manager 2006"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Football Manager 2006'.
Fri 21/10/05 at 18:55
Regular
"Mozzy"
Oh yeah! Got my copy today and I must say the new features really work well!

The team talk is very effective, I was 2-0 up and it gave me the choice to say "Dont get too complacent" which really made my team defend well while also trying to get in more oppotunities for Henry and Reyes.

Theres quite a few other features like the 'Manager Snapshot' which you can view by clicking on your manager name. It has lots of info on one screen, everything you need to know like your next opponent, league position, transfer budget etc.

This game has so much depth it's unbelievable.

Go buy it.
Tue 01/11/05 at 18:24
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Gah - I can't get Sissoko. He is a physical machine.
Sun 30/10/05 at 18:39
Regular
"Bicycle"
Yeah - that's what greyed out players are, either lower division teams who aren't in your database (you'll notice teams like Chelsea, Juventus and Real Madrid are mainly made up of real players) or regens. That's why you get them in your U-18s.

I found the exact phrase:

"Expand the FM universe

Get some bodies in your squad or snap up promising youngsters by offering contracts to your 'greyed out' players. If they accept, they'll be added to the game's bursting database. "

[URL]http://www.sigames.com/softography.php?type=view&id=20[/URL]

I guess I missed out the 'your' before 'greyed out'. So I take it you can only offer contracts to greyed out players in your own squad... Shame.

BTW - if anyone has Conferences... Could ya post a screeny of Michael Buckman? He seems imense, but isn't in my DB (however Halifax or whatever are, and I can see his stats).
Sun 30/10/05 at 18:24
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Yeah, I'm pretty sure they won't have changed it. I haven't got the game, which was why I wasn't completely ruling out them introducing a rule like this, but I'm now pretty sure it's the same situation. In the past players were just made up for teams who weren't on your database. For example, look for a random team in a certain league, and then compare the greyed out names to the players who really play for that team. They'll all be completely different.

It's just something they do to make the game a little more realistic. Say, they'll do it for a team in a country where you've not got that league open, just in case you meet that team in European competition, or in a friendly.
Sun 30/10/05 at 17:47
Regular
"Mozzy"
Im not too sure, but thats what I always thought because im sure in FM2005 I wanted to buy a player from PSV and he was greyed out for some reason. Infact, most of their team was greyed out. :S
Sun 30/10/05 at 17:42
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Ashley_90 wrote:
> Greyed out players are players who are in clubs that aren't on your
> database. (if that makes sense...)

Is this a new thing, then?

They've always been made up in the past.
Sun 30/10/05 at 15:21
Regular
"Mozzy"
This is so annoying! I have to wait until next week for my new CD drive to arrive before I can play FM! :(
Sun 30/10/05 at 13:29
Regular
Damn straight, qualified for the Champions League by the skin of my teeth after a second leg 1-1 draw away to Brondby took the game to penalties.

And despite L Garcia being my first choice PK taker, he must have refused to take one since second choice Cisse went first. Probably fairly realistic however, given he missed one in the first leg and played at a solid 6/10 level for the preceding 120 minutes.
Sun 30/10/05 at 09:32
Regular
"Bicycle"
Damn, this game is haaard.
Sat 29/10/05 at 22:38
Regular
"Bicycle"
Ashley_90 wrote:
> Greyed out players are players who are in clubs that aren't on your
> database. (if that makes sense...)

Umm... Doesn't anyone know that was a new feature? Being able to offer contracts to 'virtual (greyed out) players'?
Sat 29/10/05 at 20:10
Regular
"Mozzy"
NOOO! My CD drive isn't reading any discs, meaning no Footie Manager. :(

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.