GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"ANNOUNCEMENT - FORUM CHANGES"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 20/10/08 at 11:04
Regular
"WeAppearToBeOnFire"
Hello,

Just to let you know that over the next 48hours there are going to be some alterations to our forums.

We will be reorganising the boards and threads so make sure your check back later today to view our updated forum.

Kind Regards

jubbachainsaw
Fri 24/10/08 at 22:20
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
pb wrote:
> Shadowdream wrote:
> Surely they won't leave games and "general" chat
> merged!
>
>
> They didn't, and don't call me Shirly...

Ok Shirly, (soz pb) why have we got two different sections merged into one? Why is Movie Name Game within General Chat?

Just looked again and the forum is totally f**ked - threads are appearing under all the wrong sections - there are so many in 'General chat' that should be elsewhere as before
Fri 24/10/08 at 20:03
"possibly impossible"
Shadowdream wrote:
> Surely they won't leave games and "general" chat
> merged!
>

They didn't, and don't call me Shirly...
Fri 24/10/08 at 14:04
Regular
"Mooching around"
Surely they won't leave games and "general" chat merged!

EDIT: Actually, looking at it all, it does make sense for a company such as Freeola to change the forums as such.
Fri 24/10/08 at 11:29
"possibly impossible"
I still think it's a strange idea to merge forums when many other chat sites are trying to do just the opposite.

I guess it makes sense if you look at it purely from how many new posts are being created now, but surely the changes are supposed to bring new people, not scare them away unless they are just interested in games?
Thu 23/10/08 at 20:35
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Just tried again. Had a good look round and I haven't a clue where threads are or where I am, which is not unusual these days! I post in one and it appears in another. Threads are definately mixed up. Still like design and colours, especially 'posting section'. But please give me the navigation and threads in the correct 'areas' :-)
Thu 23/10/08 at 20:27
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Like the new layout but don't know where I am! Threads and posts seem to appear under two different sections ie general chat is also in gaming?
Thu 23/10/08 at 17:53
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
There are so many changes to the site it is unbelieveable. Some really good changes and by the sound of things, some not so good changes.

I think it would be a brilliant idea if a whole list of the changes that have been performed were created and stickied for a few weeks and I guess that could be the best place to leave feedback (if not, maybe edit this thread).

I know GAD has now been decreased to 2 a week, but it's clever how Gameaday has een renamed to have the abbrieviation to GAD...
Thu 23/10/08 at 17:49
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Well, it still shows the 3 forums that don't exist anymore. The Top Posters page also shows the 3 forums that don't exist and the moderators of said forums.
Thu 23/10/08 at 17:44
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Grandprix wrote:
> The 'See Who's Online' page, which is my bookmark, is not right.
> It needs correcting.
>
> Also, in the Games forum, if you move the mouse pointer over the
> little 360 etc pics, they always say PS3.

Define 'not right'. Apart from linking to the old, old forum design it seems up-to-date-ish to me.

Passed the hover-over text issue to McLong
Thu 23/10/08 at 17:40
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
The 'See Who's Online' page, which is my bookmark, is not right. It needs correcting.

Also, in the Games forum, if you move the mouse pointer over the little 360 etc pics, they always say PS3.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.