GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The last game you played..."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 29/05/06 at 15:57
Regular
What was the last game you played?

-----

PC - Enemy Territory

I was on Allies and we won the majority of the maps. I ticked off the Axis using mortar and killed 5 of them in one shot. Might have another game later.
Fri 21/07/06 at 14:17
"possibly impossible"
Had a quick go on the tutorials for LOTR: battle for middle earth 2 the other day. Nice game, though can be a bit hard to see from all the way over the other side of the room on the chair. Must get some more gaming time in soon...
Fri 21/07/06 at 14:04
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I've recently been playing Golden Sun, had it for quite a while, but started it and then just stopped after a while, so picked it back up again, started from the beginning, and I've got quite far. Apparently you only play about half of the story in Golden Sun, and then the other half is in the sequel Golden Sun: The Lost Age.

Anyway, it's quite good, story is relatively typical of an RPG with a group of kids in a village who are Adepts (basically means they can focus their minds to use Psynergy, pretty much like magic really...) going up to the sanctum thing to investigate stuffs and a bunch of evil guys kidnapping one of your party members (the girl, typical huh?) and taking these powerful Elemental Stones that are in the sanctum.

But the battle system has some nice touches, like summoning is done via having Djinn 'attached' to party members. You can 'release' a Djinn from you, which will have the side effect of performing a special attack or some other move (ie. raising defence/healing/etc.) and then you can do a summon of the elemental type of that Djinn. The more Djinn you have 'released' the bigger and better the summon, and as is the standard, when you have max Djinn released the animations for the summons get suitably ridiculous with huge meteors crashing down from space and suchlike. Oh, but Djinn also effect the Psynergy (magic) you can use, so when you 'release' a Djinn, it may change what magic you can use, so there's some quite tactical decisions to be made when weighing up whether to release Djinn to go for a big summon or to keep them so you have the spells you want available.

Well, I've written a bit of an essay there.

Also been playing Mario Sunshine again. A charming title, the water and paint effects are really nice, and it's a fun game. Jumping around is very easy and looks quite impressive too, leaping and wall-kicking up buildings in the town, using your water backpack to hover around, etc.

Also played a bit of Metroid Prime: Hunters and Mario Kart online on my DS.
Sun 02/07/06 at 21:26
Regular
Yeah. At one point I got hooked on an online game called runescape :) You might like it :)
Sun 02/07/06 at 21:22
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
That's what i like about RPG's most of them around the 10 hour mark you're only entering the 3rd village or something and still plenty of gameplay left
Sun 02/07/06 at 21:20
Regular
Have you noticed how short the games seem to be becoming? completable in a matter of hours in some cases and only days on others. And thats for me, a relatively unskilled gamer, I think thats why the developers are trying so hard to push network gaming e.g. PS3 features it as much as possible. A bit off topic but I just realised that the last few games I played where all withing 2 weeks and theres like 11 games I have completed in that time, and it's not like I spend all my time playing games either, maybe an hour a night :s
Sun 02/07/06 at 13:56
Regular
"hulagadoo"
It's about the same as the demo, but after a few fights once you get used to it, it doesn't really bother you. I usually fight with speedy boxers which in reality makes it just about as fast as you would expect normally.
Sun 02/07/06 at 13:23
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
You bully you :-D

Is the retail version of the game quicker paced than the demo? I played the demo the other day and the gameplay was sooooooooo slow. It was like watching it all in slow motion.
Sun 02/07/06 at 13:22
Regular
"hulagadoo"
Went back to fight night round 3 on the 360 - you can never have too much fun slapping a 9 year old American about while he screams "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOB" down the headset.
Sun 02/07/06 at 13:06
Regular
"Mooching around"
Still on NFS...
Sun 02/07/06 at 10:57
Regular
Tourist Trophy for PS2
also just got Black and White 2 + Battle of the gods expansion

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.