GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Morrowind- Great game but bewildering"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 23/11/02 at 22:23
Regular
well first off its huge. No sorry massive. however I have hardly played at it because I haven't had the time to sit down a focus on it as it is very bewildering at first.
Sat 23/11/02 at 22:23
well first off its huge. No sorry massive. however I have hardly played at it because I haven't had the time to sit down a focus on it as it is very bewildering at first.
Sun 24/11/02 at 09:26
Regular
I've just been wandering around for about 5 hours killing a few wild beasties and er, that's it really.

I like the vast gameworld, but I'm not sure if the game is actually any good.

With the painfully slow levelling-up, the lack of anything "really" interesting in the villages - I'm not sure it's worth the effort.

I mean, when you think about it: where's the gameplay?
Sun 24/11/02 at 10:13
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I was looking forward to this, but after a few average reviews from the US version I thought twice about the game. Also with its massive game world would I even have time to play other games. I decided not to bother getting the game, as I prefer the pick up and play games now, which let you play for 30 mins and then save and turn it off. With Uni e.t.c. I cant really spend loads of time playing games. Still havent completed Mario Sunshine, got loads of Vice City to do as well as play MechAssault online.
Sun 24/11/02 at 13:36
Regular
I'm struggling to find anything "interesting" to do. I nicked a diamond for some lizard at the Thief's Guild, but I wouldn't call that really interesting.

Morrowind would be cool if it wasn't for all the RPG levelling-up - all that rigmarole just gets in the way of enjoying the possibilities.
Sun 24/11/02 at 14:12
Regular
But having said that, I can't stop playing it. The gameworld is really nice.
I've just arrived at the sleepy pastoral village of Pelagiad.

What race and class are you Silent?

I'm a Wood Elf with all the Stealth abilities.
Sun 24/11/02 at 17:00
Regular
"smile, it's free"
The freedom is the gameplay.

Sure, wandering around can be dull. So spend time in the towns instead :)
Some of the guilds have some interesting quests, and a lot of the towns are worth exploring. You'd be suprised how useful it really is to talk to people. I strongly recommned you have a good look around Vivec, and listen to the rumors...

You need to know a little about your character before you decide what to do. If you're a thief, how good are you? You can improve through items as well as levelling. A good thief can even break into the vaults in Vivec.

If you're a fighter, find your limits. You might want to try exploring dungeons and tombs - and daedric ruins if you're even more powerful. You'd be amazed what you can find there.
Sun 24/11/02 at 21:07
Regular
"everyone says it"
Just make time dude!

The game deserves it.

Be sick for a few days and play it.
Sun 24/11/02 at 21:57
I am a redguard and I have found loads of fun things to do

I robbed a temple, joined the fighters guild and saved it and then ran riot in the mages guild. Died like but just loaded it up.
Sun 24/11/02 at 23:38
Regular
VenomByte wrote:
> The freedom is the gameplay.

Okay, I've started again. I didn't like my wood elf self, so now I'm a "Khajiit" thief weirdo :-).

I really like the idea behind Morrowind - exploring the huge gameworld and doing what I will, so I'm going to give it good go.

Any advice for Nomad the greenhorn would be welcome.
Mon 25/11/02 at 01:14
Regular
"smile, it's free"
A thief eh?

I could give you some awesome tips, but they'd be spoilers.

Without spoilers, I'll say that it's well worth looting shops. Also, try to join the Morag Tong. It's worth it, if you can figure out how. Joining the thieves guild is very handy, but not essential. As a thief, don't venture into the wilderness outside the towns unless you really have to. Use Mages guilds and Silt striders for transport.

------------------

**SPOILER ALTERT**

(Do not read if you don't want the spoilers)

(Really, don't read further unless you want a massive advantage. Don't say
I didn't warn you)

[A minute or two north of Gnisis (or is it Gnaar Mok? It's been a while...) there is a small pond, and a young woman will tell you she last lost her ring there. It's a trap, but if you accept the quest and overcome the trap, there's an 80% chameleon ring. The best thief item avaiable in the game. You can get anywhere and steal anything with that ring]

[Loot Ghostgate, if you know where that is. A level one thief can steal an entire set of glass armour, if you are patient. Level five or so will have no trouble at all]

[In Caldera, in the Orc manor, upstairs is a Creeper. He is the second richest trader in the game, a great person to sell expensive items to.]

** END OF SPOILERS **

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.