GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"EXTRA EXTRA GAMEADAY PRIZE - READ ALL ABOUT IT"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/12/00 at 18:55
Regular
If you mooch about on the Special Reserve and Freeola sites you'll find little problems or annoyances. e.g. why can't I do this, I can't understand that or couldn't we do the other.

So we would like your comments in this BUG TEST. An extra prize will go to the person who contributes the most to improving this site with little tweaks or solutions.

LITTLE TWEAKS are the operative words. You will not win anything for suggesting that we spend £35 billion on a re-design.

You must post your comments under this topic (or the similar one on the Playstation 2 forum) to stand a chance of winning.

Good luck

The Winner will be decided on Christmas Eve
Page:
Thu 28/12/00 at 20:08
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
By the way

Webmaster decides on matters regarding site design, not me.
Thu 28/12/00 at 20:04
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
All the comments will be considered
Thu 28/12/00 at 19:54
Regular
Will the site be easier to read now, i find it quite annoying reading a page full of blue!
Thu 28/12/00 at 19:50
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> The site is very fast for me.
> But what will we be seeing, or is it a suprise?

Not really a surprise.

There is some time consuming programming being done on the Freeola control panel which will give very easy and comprehensive control of e-mail, domain name default pages and web sites. Why? because lots of people are expected to be using their own domains for e-mail and setting up web sites.

The other work is on our checkout system where we have a few changes planned to make it slicker. This is likely to include things like online Reddies. Again, it's a fairly time-consuming task.

Other stuff is either items which are under development at present, i.e. gradual changes, and going through all the suggestions to find the ideas we think are worth implementing.

We have nearly completed Domainswithlove.com and filmaday.co.uk. Refined search is also getting some attention to separate home pages from product searches.
Thu 28/12/00 at 19:43
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Faster loading = lose stuff from screen.

It is not decided yet whether to lose stuff from screen.

Just to clarify - nothing we do with our servers will speed up your connection. The page loading time is almost entirely the time taken to load the page of information, not the time taken for us to send it. You could connect through Freeola or just give it a try to see if the pages load faster.

We will not be using frames. Not in the short term anyway.
Thu 28/12/00 at 19:42
Regular
The site is very fast for me.

But what will we be seeing, or is it a suprise?
Thu 28/12/00 at 19:34
Regular
Will there be faster loading then?
Thu 28/12/00 at 19:32
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Sniper

Sorry I don't understand the question. Or at least I don't understand why you would think that you might not be able to use the discussion site any more.

Two programming projects are underway. But the purpose of this topic was to produce tweaks. So the answer is that bits will be tweaks if we agree with the suggestions, as and when we get some tweaking-time.
Thu 28/12/00 at 19:20
Regular
So when will you be changing your site around? Will we be able to use the discussions site still?
Thu 28/12/00 at 19:12
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
So will I
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.