GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"EXTRA EXTRA GAMEADAY PRIZE - READ ALL ABOUT IT"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/12/00 at 18:55
Regular
If you mooch about on the Special Reserve and Freeola sites you'll find little problems or annoyances. e.g. why can't I do this, I can't understand that or couldn't we do the other.

So we would like your comments in this BUG TEST. An extra prize will go to the person who contributes the most to improving this site with little tweaks or solutions.

LITTLE TWEAKS are the operative words. You will not win anything for suggesting that we spend £35 billion on a re-design.

You must post your comments under this topic (or the similar one on the Playstation 2 forum) to stand a chance of winning.

Good luck

The Winner will be decided on Christmas Eve
Page:
Sat 30/12/00 at 17:48
Regular
VERY little tweak, so little, odds are nobody else would notice it, or care if they did notice it, but I'm going to say it anyway;

Turok Rage Wars is said, in the little 2 line box thing you get in the main listings and charts etc., to be "(1-2 Players)". Hint: It's not.

Ohhh yes, you could lose a lot of custom through that, and upset a lot of visitors to the site if you don't correct it!

( : > =
Sat 30/12/00 at 17:20
Regular
"everyone says it"
I know the comp is finished but:

1) A great idea would be to have a user list for all the users who use the discussion board, within this list could be things like how many threads they have posted, also it could have an optional email address, if the user wants there email put up or not.

U could have a sad :( or happy :) face if they are on line in the discussion board or not.

I think this would be brilliant!
What do u think Tony?
Sat 30/12/00 at 16:07
Click on "edit your details" in red. Then just change the letters into block capitals. Hope this helps.

Darkreaper
Fri 29/12/00 at 21:30
Regular
it would be useful if there was a box where you could type in the title or a keyword of an old topic that you want to go back to and it would compile a list of possible matches.
Fri 29/12/00 at 14:06
Regular
Great. I didn't think he suggested so much though. Well done! But come on a little more than that.
Fri 29/12/00 at 13:29
Congratulations The New jimmy! You deserve to win. keep the game as you have already donated enough!!!
Well done again!
Fri 29/12/00 at 13:26
Dam. Oh well you win some you lose some.
Fri 29/12/00 at 13:20
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
The competition ran until Christmas Eve but it has taken us a few days to judge it (in between other tasks of course).

The winner is The New Jimmy who's comments seemed to be "on the mark".

I must also say thank you to everybody else for your ideas with a notable mention to edgy who I thought posted some very good stuff early on. Others have also worked hard on this and we may establish a Special Reserve Site Bugs forum to allow us to pay attention to people's comments in the future.
Fri 29/12/00 at 12:54
They have stylish blue links and they advertise on sky and local radio. But I
don't recommed SR do this.
THe blue links ON blue are not a good idea though - contrasting colours - like orange on black - the new comet color scheme.
Fri 29/12/00 at 12:53
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I thought thia was meant to be confirmed on Cristmas Eve, then it was today but is not.

I am a confused SHEEPY
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.