GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Jade goody to undergo a hysterectomy…"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 23/08/08 at 18:18
"Was the man of marz"
divine intervention if you ask me (which no one was).
Sun 24/08/08 at 16:18
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
The great irony in my opinion is that this is one of the few occasions that Jade Goody is actually doing something useful. There is value in health issues being highlighted by high profile people. If some vacuous article in The Sun/Mirror encourages & reminds women to go get themselves tested or helps somebody feel not so alone then I dont see the problem with it.
Sun 24/08/08 at 15:48
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Garin wrote:
> Nin wrote:
> There's something about this thread i find really distasteful.
> I
> dont like the woman at all but she deserves no more or no less
> sympathy than anyone else, irregardless of how people perceive
> her or her own stupidity.
>
> Spot on.

Totally agree Garin and Nin.
The 'distasteful' bit is that many women, all over the world, have to undergo a hysterectomy for numerous reasons. They aren't highlighted in the national press - you can see it now - 'This week's Hysterectomy Highlights'!!!
Unfortunately, this now brings in to question the status of 'celebrity' and who 'created' them - ask yourselves, are these people any different from the rest of us?
For example, hypothetically, have Garin's ingrowing toenail (apologies if you have one, they are painful) and Nin's football injury caused national debate and 'much anguish and wringing of hands'
Sun 24/08/08 at 15:23
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Nin wrote:
> There's something about this thread i find really distasteful. I
> dont like the woman at all but she deserves no more or no less
> sympathy than anyone else, irregardless of how people perceive
> her or her own stupidity.

Spot on.
Sun 24/08/08 at 15:17
Regular
"Monochromatic"
There's something about this thread i find really distasteful. I dont like the woman at all but she deserves no more or no less sympathy than anyone else, irregardless of how people perceive her or her own stupidity.
Sun 24/08/08 at 11:38
"Was the man of marz"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> On a completely unrelated note, does hysterectomy come from
> 'hysteria'? Wouldn't be surprised - not because I'm sexist, but
> check where the word comes from

Quote K. BALL (on takeourword.com):

Those of you who think that hysteria and hysterectomy may be related are correct. One who is hysterical has the roots of one's behavior in one's womb, etymologically speaking. This seems to limit hysteria to people who have wombs: women! That is originally what the word hysteric referred to, "a neurotic condition in women" that was also known as "the vapours".

It was thought to be rooted in disturbances in the womb, an idea that went all the way back to ancient Greece. Of course, we now know that that is not the case, and hysteric can apply to anyone. It entered English in the mid-17th century from French hysterique. The ultimate source is Greek hustera "womb". The word hysteria was coined in the early 19th century as a noun form of hysteric. The Latin u ter us is related and also blocked by this forums filter.

Grix Thraves wrote:
> It would have been funny to see pregnant Jade on the front cover
> of some magazine with a little piglet saying "Motherhood has
> changed my life" etc etc

She has done. Until people eventually realised she was nothing more than an over weight racist, she was always on the cover of $hit magazines, talking about breaking up with her boyfriend and I must stress the only reason I know this because they place them by the tills at the supermarket. That's one reason to dislike her, as feeling the need to breed more than once is indefensible.

Maybe I'm being a little harsh about the race thing, as she did show herself up more than actually offend that Shilpa ‘nosejob’ Shetty woman, saying that she needed to live in the slums (that'll be Romford in your case then Jade). The racial slur came from another woman who said she should fook off home, but that Joe girl of S-club 7 fame did nothing yet was blamed by association.

Funny how the worst of that group was publicly exonerated on Katie Price and Peter Andre's chat show, where revealing she had black friends seemed to be enough (to stress again I only know this because Charlie Brooker mocked it). However I never new not hating one racial group made you exempt from all, a pretty weak defence huh? Anyway Shilpa got her revenge, live on Indianan TV, proof if you need it that once in a while god does make things happen when you pi$$ him/her/it off that badly.

Another reason to hate Jade Goody is when the words "I'm a multi mill-ei-on-aire" came out of her mouth. Although to be fair, the hatred extends to the whole system, of celebrities getting paid 50k to reveal minor details about their private lives whilst a nation of gormless cretins pay to read about it. Still I'd like to see that money go to people who actually need it to survive.

Finally to end this essay, I don’t quite see your point on people getting help (medically and otherwise). If you really had three months to live, wouldn’t you take all your assets and blow them on one big holiday? Wouldn’t the alternative be to live a bit longer, sick from chemotherapy, stuck in England listening to the Goody claiming that she’s dying. As for independence in general, I get your point, but I don’t really see the sod of it all.

Those who need others have the education, economic, and even social system to help them out. Other people don’t normally refuse but are ostracised from the above, yet they find their own path, as they have the ability to do so. It’s when you’re told what you should be doing that I object. Free will is about all we really have so it isn’t up to someone else to tell you their way is best. We all have to abide by the law, but mainly it’s what you shouldn’t, which on the whole is pretty reasonable.
Sat 23/08/08 at 23:27
Regular
It would have been funny to see pregnant Jade on the front cover of some magazine with a little piglet saying "Motherhood has changed my life" etc etc

Shame. Two seconds of "haha" changed to a thought that maybe I can find the video of her being told she has cancer. If she wants to milk this and get attention for it, be in the spotlight, then I can treat her any way I like.

In the meantime people who don't make headlines saying "DOCTORS SAID I HAD THREE MONTHS TO LIVE" - except you don't, and there are people with that diagnosis for genuine, right now, today. I have no sympathy for people who w***e themselves for attention as soon as they think they can get the 'poor me' vote, when they're not as bad as they think they are - whilst other people cut everyone out and go it alone and they're the people who I think.. stop struggling, stop fighting everyone and start getting help for God's sake. It's like you have this one side of people who think they can't exist without other people, and other people who refuse to 'need' anyone because they want to be so sodding independent.

On a completely unrelated note, does hysterectomy come from 'hysteria'? Wouldn't be surprised - not because I'm sexist, but check where the word comes from
Sat 23/08/08 at 18:18
"Was the man of marz"
divine intervention if you ask me (which no one was).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.