GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Jade goody to undergo a hysterectomy…"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 23/08/08 at 18:18
"Was the man of marz"
divine intervention if you ask me (which no one was).
Tue 26/08/08 at 13:28
Regular
Cancer sucks.
Tue 26/08/08 at 13:24
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Marzman wrote:
> Nin wrote:
> Now as for Marzman... i dont know where to start. You almost
> seemed to be saying that she deserves cancer because of her
> diet.
> I'm going to assume you're not because that would be utterly
> stupid of you.
>
> Maybe lifestyle would have been a better word to use but you
> obviously find it hard to alliterate an idea,

Alliterate an idea? To form an idea using alliteration?
Assuming you are using it as a synonym of 'assemble', have you read any of your posts recently? They're long, meandering semi rants full of badly explained or, more likely I suspect, just plain broken logic, and then go on to hint at your conclusions which *appear* to be rather hateful and vile things, but you don't actually state them explicitly thus making it incredibly difficult to reply to you because anyone attempting to is at huge risk of a straw man. Like Nin said: "you almost seemed to be saying".

The reality is that
> the health profession see the disease as natural selection, and
> in the case of family members who have developed it, they’re
> reluctant to even treat. Remember Cancer Research is a charity
> funding research and doesn’t reflect the actual medical
> consensus.

That's a fairly incredible claim. Citation needed.

> You're justifying the suffering of an individual (and those
> around her) based on your hatred when infact you've never met
> the
> woman and know only what you've been shown.
>
> Please hold that thought:
>
> Strange the things that come to mind given the topic but have
> you ever read Crime and Punishment? You remind me of the main
> character.
>
> You’ve never met me, plus I rarely come onto these forums, are
> you seeing the contradiction yet?

Again with your bizarre logic - that's not a contradiction. You're using your (most likely incomplete) view to justify (your apparent glee in) her suffering. Nin's using his (most likely incomplete) views of you to remark that the way you've represented yourself reminds him of someone. You don't really think they're the same thing?
Tue 26/08/08 at 13:15
Regular
Marzman wrote:
> When did cancer become a malicious entity, discriminately
> choosing individuals to mutate? This seems to be most peoples
> view on the matter (and might I add that includes the people who
> have an issue with this frank discussion). The reality is that
> the health profession see the disease as natural selection, and
> in the case of family members who have developed it, they’re
> reluctant to even treat. Remember Cancer Research is a charity
> funding research and doesn’t reflect the actual medical
> consensus.

What a pretentious statement right there, I find it highly unlikely that the health profession view cancer as natural selection, I would be quite astounded by anyone in the medical profession who would not want to try to save the life of somebody effected by cancer. Are you seriously telling me that if you got cancer (although with your non-western lifestyle I suppose the chances are nearly 0%) you would just roll over and say "well that's natural selection folks".

Admittedly anyone who actually thinks cancer is in some way malicious should be shot.
Tue 26/08/08 at 12:43
"Was the man of marz"
Nin wrote:
> Now as for Marzman... i dont know where to start. You almost
> seemed to be saying that she deserves cancer because of her diet.
> I'm going to assume you're not because that would be utterly
> stupid of you.

Maybe lifestyle would have been a better word to use but you obviously find it hard to alliterate an idea, so I won’t bother going into highly processed foods, cooking methods etc. Maybe if an over-weight couple delivered this, whilst sitting on a sofa, there wouldn't be a problem (or am I being unreasonably sceptical here).

> I'm sure there are loads of people like her, why dont you
> (cancer) go and kill them all, justify it as being for the
> greater good and then blame society (western diet) for making you
> do it. I'm getting off point.

When did cancer become a malicious entity, discriminately choosing individuals to mutate? This seems to be most peoples view on the matter (and might I add that includes the people who have an issue with this frank discussion). The reality is that the health profession see the disease as natural selection, and in the case of family members who have developed it, they’re reluctant to even treat. Remember Cancer Research is a charity funding research and doesn’t reflect the actual medical consensus.

> You're justifying the suffering of an individual (and those
> around her) based on your hatred when infact you've never met the
> woman and know only what you've been shown.

Please hold that thought:

> Strange the things that come to mind given the topic but have
> you ever read Crime and Punishment? You remind me of the main
> character.

You’ve never met me, plus I rarely come onto these forums, are you seeing the contradiction yet? I also find your statement even more baffling when you consider she is a reality TV star, so we have probably had more access to her than any other celebrity, without all the meticulous grooming/branding/PR that normally comes with them. In principal you should never judge, but there are those that intentionally mould themselves into a stereotype, so why shouldn’t you if this is frequently the case
Tue 26/08/08 at 10:07
"possibly impossible"
I don't really know what to think about this. So many people are getting cancer these days, anyway, and I never really follow the would-be celebs so in that respect it's just not newsworthy to me.

But if it gets people talking then it's a good thing that it's being reported, everybody knows that cancer is there but if enough people are made to think about it, even if it means putting another 10p in a charity box next time someone asks, then it all helps with research and awareness.

As Grix says, no-one deserves Cancer and there is no way anyone should hint that she deserves it. As far as I'm concerned, Big Brother seemed to have used Jade as a good tool to get people watching their show. As soon as someone slips up they rub their hands. To say she deserves it is like saying that anyone who is ignorant of what the Koran says, who the Pope is or how the poor people in China were exploited for the Olymics to be built deserves Cancer too.
Tue 26/08/08 at 01:32
Regular
Gosh, a compliment from the devil!

Look - what's good about cancer? Sod all. What if you could make something good of it? A real difference?

I don't think Jade has the status to fight it and get people thinking "oh she's so great she's an inspiration to us all" - not going to work, because she has very little respect in public opinion. Kylie got away with it because a lot of people seem to think she's brilliant.

It seems the option for her, in which would actually do some decency towards the status of cancer, looking after yourself, and what not, is for her to utterly suffer, be caught on camera by the, again a tragic unfortunate thing, paparazzi, being as ill as she can possibly look. Then she breaks down utterly, and if it's dramatic enough people might start paying attention - and if some idiot can possibly make the association in their mind that 'Woah, I really don't want cancer' maybe that'll trigger something in their head to look after themselves. What's more twisted though, the thought that I genuinely hope IF that happens, people will pay attention, or the more obvious thought that IF it happens, everyone will just make fun of her? - In fact that'd be good too, because if someone does, there's bound to be a few people going "Woah.. you're making fun of someone with cancer?" and maybe that'll trigger something too.

The thought of trying to use someone's unfortunate circumstance in a positive manner I don't find sick or twisted at all. And is it exploitation? Absolutely. The only reasoning, logic, I can say for that is - she was exploited before. She's been exploited ever since she's wanted it to happen. The only other thing I would like to see happen, is that Jade actually discovers how important life is, manages to beat it, finds herself a lot more free than she did before and goes on to live a very happy life where she doesn't make headlines by not realising she's actually quite intolerant of other people.

And please, don't think for a moment that if I see a picture of her looking as ill and low as she can possibly go, truly suffering, I'll go "YES!". I imagine I'll feel disturbed, and even the thought of how she might look in my mind makes me feel horrible. But that's the thought. People can go around saying "poor Jade you can't imagine how she feels" - no, you can't. That's why maybe you're gonna have to see her. Because if you really want to learn more about cancer, and the affect it can have on your life - go to a hospital. If you can't manage that, find photos. Videos. Talk to people with it. I'd love to link you to some things but oh, yeah, it's a family forum, and we can't have such depressing, sick, disgusting things here.

But the truly sick disgusting thing, would be for her to be completely ignored, have lots of articles reminding everyone how stupid she is, and then she dies and nobody cares any more, apart from a few jokes made and that'll be it.

So have fun telling everyone 'give her a break!' and expecting them to listen. People have to make their own minds up about things, and it seems the best way you can do that is with as much information as you can.
Mon 25/08/08 at 15:38
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
In conclusion, there really are some sick and twisted people in the world.
Mon 25/08/08 at 15:12
Regular
Nin wrote:
> What bothers me about this whole thing is this attitude of
> ill-will towards someone who is in trouble through no fault of
> their own.
> I hate this "kick people while they're down" attitude,
> especially from people who i thought were above it.

Again - Nobody deserves cancer. Nobody should face such a miserable painful death. There is no ill-will, and yes, I imagine you cannot put much blame on her, scientifically at least.

Am I going to go and make her life miserable? No. Shall I be kicking her down? Nope! I wouldn't do that. Not to someone I knew, or someone I didn't. All I've done is state an opinion that I sincerely hope she struggles, as a completely cold and logical approach, because I think in the end, and I do hope she lives, there'll be a bigger pay off. - Like you said, she's in trouble through no fault of her own. What should you do, sit around and just accept it? Or think about how you can turn this trouble around into something good?

Oh poor Jade blah blah kicking her whilst she's down blah, sorry, no. Anyway - there's only one reason, EVER, I would kick someone whilst they were down, and that would be if I was worried about the danger of not getting them on their feet as quickly as possible.
Mon 25/08/08 at 13:49
Regular
To be honest, I don't really find it acceptable that anyone would applaud her getting of cancer. Sure, she's an idiot, but she has hardly done anything worth that, and I too would have have thought members of our forum to be above this kind of mockery.
Mon 25/08/08 at 12:45
Regular
Don't like the stories about Jade Goody getting cancer? Don't read them, pretty simple I think. I personally HATE reality based tv shows, Big Brother X-Factor The Apprentice to name but a few. So what do I do? I just get on with life.

I think some people have real issues when they are getting so aggrieved just because Jade Goody has cancer. I don't care what she has or hasn't done in her life, I wish her no more ill than any other stranger in the world.

Some of the comments need to be calmed down a bit guys, this isn't the forum to be raising tempers over Jade Goody, and whilst I'm probably a bit more lenient with discussions others may not be.

Is the word uter us really banned?? Haha so it is.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.