GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Jade goody to undergo a hysterectomy…"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 23/08/08 at 18:18
"Was the man of marz"
divine intervention if you ask me (which no one was).
Mon 25/08/08 at 11:51
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> Personally? I want to see Jade rot. I want to see her really,
> really suffer. But believe me, it's nothing personal, I couldn't
> care less. As I said, I don't thinks she deserves it. Buh? What
> could I possibly mean!?

Reading this sort of exposed why i'm defending defending someone i dont like. It's not that i give a toss about her and i'm really not at all bothered about whether some good comes from this or not. What bothers me about this whole thing is this attitude of ill-will towards someone who is in trouble through no fault of their own.
I hate this "kick people while they're down" attitude, especially from people who i thought were above it.
Now as for Marzman... i dont know where to start. You almost seemed to be saying that she deserves cancer because of her diet. I'm going to assume you're not because that would be utterly stupid of you.
I brought up her children because i wanted you to justify your hateful attitude on a simpler level. You didnt do it but instead give me "they'd be better off without her" as if that justifies her death.
I'm sure there are loads of people like her, why dont you (cancer) go and kill them all, justify it as being for the greater good and then blame society (western diet) for making you do it. I'm getting off point.
You're justifying the suffering of an individual (and those around her) based on your hatred when infact you've never met the woman and know only what you've been shown. I think i just summed up my whole feelings on this in that sentence. I've nothing else to add

Strange the things that come to mind given the topic but have you ever read Crime and Punishment? You remind me of the main character.
Sun 24/08/08 at 23:11
Regular
That could have saved me a lot of writing
Sun 24/08/08 at 23:03
Regular
Hey, when life gives you lemons, you make lemonade.
Sun 24/08/08 at 22:22
Regular
To add to it:

I don't want her to die. I really don't. I don't want anyone to die at all and I'll rather everyone kept living, with more babies coming along, then I'll grow old enough and die first. Then you can do what you like.

Sadly I've noticed this reoccurring theme where people die, a lot. I really fail to see what she's accomplished much in life, and sometimes it seems, if you honestly believe in this whole 'make a difference' thing - then maybe it'll be more likely to have a good affect, if she can start suffering in a way that's going to get attention that she doesn't want. Even if she doesn't die then, hopefully it'll be enough. And hell, it might even give her a ton of confidence and enjoyment in life afterwards, to come through it ok.

But again, it's high-profile and if there's actually someone who isn't aware of cancer by now, something is seriously wrong.
Sun 24/08/08 at 22:12
Regular
Nin wrote:
> So what you're saying is that because she's thick, rich and
> undeservedly famous she deserves whats happening to her and your
> condemnation?

..when did anyone say she deserves it?

Nobody deserves cancer. Problem is, she has it. I'm quite aware cancer exists, so there's no learning there. I'm also aware that people die from it, so her "I ALMOST DIED" story didn't help me much either.

Personally? I want to see Jade rot. I want to see her really, really suffer. But believe me, it's nothing personal, I couldn't care less. As I said, I don't thinks she deserves it. Buh? What could I possibly mean!?

But in the grand scheme of things, there are people who will sympathise with her, and there are people, like you have said, who 'want to give the girl a break'. Fair enough, that's a really nice thought.

But - if she suffers, if she is in the papers breaking down, saying that she's wasted her life, that you cannot be prepared for cancer and you really have to live the best you can because she really didn't - maybe THEN something will come out of it. My children will have no mother because I have CANCER, my life is over because I have CANCER. Then everyone gets scared and perhaps that'll be enough to trigger ONE person into thinking "Jesus, I really don't want to end up like that, I think I'll look after myself to lower my risk."

On the other side she might start fighting it and saying 'I won't let cancer beat me' and everyone will be saying 'oh isn't Jade so strong' and so on and then all the cynics come out and say 'Nah she's just doing the whole strength thing for her public appearance' etc etc and in the end nobody will care, she'll die, or she'll live, and everyone will blink and move on. Perhaps the way she'll help there is that some cancer sufferer will see her and think "Man, if stupid Jade can fight it, maybe I can too"

It's only by her being destroyed I think that she's going to make a difference, and again, I have nothing personal against her. I have no idea what she's like as a mother, a person, or anything. She just appears to be a figurehead and, unlike Amy Winehouse, hopefully will actually be looked upon as 'I'm so glad that's not me, this is such a warning' figure instead of someone to laugh at. There's not a single person I'd wish cancer upon, but unfortunately she has it, so it's just onwards from here. Yes, she's out for attention, I do think that, and I imagine her desire for it is going to do the most damage. Get ready for the comedians saying how great it is to be British right now, medals from athletes, and Jade Goody's got cancer
Sun 24/08/08 at 21:56
"Was the man of marz"
Nin wrote:
> So what you're saying is that because she's thick, rich and
> undeservedly famous she deserves whats happening to her and your
> condemnation? Yeah nice one. Why dont you go and explain your
> reasoning to her kids.

Err, it’s well documented that the western diet leads to many forms of cancer. If you’re trying to induce some emotion by bringing up her children then you really are desperate, as it could be argued that the loss of a parent can be a good thing, as there are lots of well known people who have benefited from it.

> Oh give me a break! The girl has been diagnosed as having cancer
> and as we've already agreed, she isnt that bright so it's
> perfectly natural for her to think she's dying. If you're looking
> for the cause of the drama i'd take a look at where you got that
> statement.

Intelligence isn’t really applicable to my statement, because some intelligent people don’t like talking about uncomfortable topics, so if the life experience of someone else means nothing then I will give you a break (but not a Kit Kat). However the automatic association between cancer and death isn’t always correct so is it really harmless for Jade to perpetuate this stereotype?

> There are people who deserve your hatred and then there are
> those who just deserve ridicule. Goody is thick, easily led and
> immensely annoying but she's not evil. Give the girl a break.

No one mentioned anything about her being evil, and who deserves hate, Hitler? Why do people still feel animosity towards Germany, because we’re taught about the country under Nazi rule. What is the reason for people thinking that Jade ‘chipstick’ Goody is harmless, due to the fact people are brought up believing that stupidity does no harm. Finally she’s not easily led, from what I’ve seen she’s pretty much an instigator, and that’s why it’s dangerous for her to be in the public eye.
Sun 24/08/08 at 20:08
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Marzman wrote:
> Really? She isn't Boris Johnson stupid, as in knowing your a
> bit of an idiot but using it to charm, she's the kind who
> contributes absolutely nothing yet seems to be rewarded for some
> reason. I can’t sympathise because it is not like years ago
> where if you wanted an abortion you could only have one on mental
> grounds, so a hysterectomy was thrown in, it’s cancer which is
> portrayed as a cruel and indiscriminate disease when it normally
> is a by product of a certain lifestyle (especially those lived in
> the west).

So what you're saying is that because she's thick, rich and undeservedly famous she deserves whats happening to her and your condemnation? Yeah nice one. Why dont you go and explain your reasoning to her kids.

> If
> anything her over dramatic assessment of her chances increase
> sensitivity and the unlikelihood of further discussion.

Oh give me a break! The girl has been diagnosed as having cancer and as we've already agreed, she isnt that bright so it's perfectly natural for her to think she's dying. If you're looking for the cause of the drama i'd take a look at where you got that statement.
There are people who deserve your hatred and then there are those who just deserve ridicule. Goody is thick, easily led and immensely annoying but she's not evil. Give the girl a break.
Sun 24/08/08 at 19:41
"Was the man of marz"
Nin wrote:
> There's something about this thread i find really distasteful. I
> dont like the woman at all but she deserves no more or no less
> sympathy than anyone else, irregardless of how people perceive
> her or her own stupidity.

Really? She isn't Boris Johnson stupid, as in knowing your a bit of an idiot but using it to charm, she's the kind who contributes absolutely nothing yet seems to be rewarded for some reason. I can’t sympathise because it is not like years ago where if you wanted an abortion you could only have one on mental grounds, so a hysterectomy was thrown in, it’s cancer which is portrayed as a cruel and indiscriminate disease when it normally is a by product of a certain lifestyle (especially those lived in the west).

As far as I’m aware women already have screening for cervical cancer, so her ‘celebrity’ status doesn’t raise publicity, if anything her over dramatic assessment of her chances increase sensitivity and the unlikelihood of further discussion. Plus the pessimist inside agrees with Grix, that this is more about her own public image, after her perfume was cancelled following celebrity BB (why do you think she was on Indian big brother in the first place).
Sun 24/08/08 at 18:33
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Machie wrote:
> I agree with Garin, women need to be reminded that it's not just
> breast cancer that they have to watch out for.
>
> Which reminds me, I hate Breast Cancer Research, with all their
> pink and "it's a girl thing" slogan. I'm pretty sure
> thousands of men die from breast cancer each year, although the
> figure is much higher for women.

Quote, July 2008 'Less than 1% of all breast cancers occur in men'.

Take your point though, you and Garin, but number 1: You should be, at your age, 'feeling' below and number 2: Enough has been on the TV (without celebrities) to make the general populace aware of such problems.
Sun 24/08/08 at 16:48
Regular
I agree with Garin, women need to be reminded that it's not just breast cancer that they have to watch out for.

Which reminds me, I hate Breast Cancer Research, with all their pink and "it's a girl thing" slogan. I'm pretty sure thousands of men die from breast cancer each year, although the figure is much higher for women.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.