GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Marriage"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 22/08/08 at 15:40
Regular
So, I'm getting married in 7 weeks. I don't think it's still sunk in properly. I have bouts getting excited about it, like when we went for suit fittings etc. It feels real then, same as when we were looking for a venue. Right now though, on a slow friday afternoon at work, it doesn't.

I'm not scared by the thought of it. But on the otherhand, right now, I'm not excited by it either. I'm just like "I'm getting married soon, that's cool." And that's about it.

Is this normal? Are there many married people on here? I'm not getting cold feet at all, it's just.... other people are more excited about it than I am. Maybe it's a bloke thing?

Maybe it's the fact that I've got to use nearly all my holiday for the honeymoon, so I've not had a single day off work this year, and I'm starting to drag because of it.

Anyway, the whole institution of marriage is fine by me. Over the last 3 years me & Mrs YH (to be) have been to about 10 weddings. All bar two have been church weddings. All bar one of them are still happily together. Although I know for a fact that at least one of them has most certainly had it's downs.

Not really sure what the point of this thread is to be honest. Friday musings that now it's out I can't be bothered (or don't want to for some reason) delete. Maybe it's something I'll add too over the next few weeks. Maybe I won't. Maybe it's something that will get some replies, or maybe it's something that none of you will read. Who knows?
Wed 10/09/08 at 10:57
Regular
So, less than 5 weeks to go now. We've just found out that one of the B&Bs we put down as possible accomodation for people has burnt down.

I'm starting to get a bit nervous now too. It's kind of the lull before the storm - we've been pretty busy but now there's not much more to do, until right before the day.

Mrs YH is off on her Hen do this weekend, with the my boys weekend the week after.
Thu 11/09/08 at 00:45
Regular
Good stuff YH. Good to have doubts I reckons. Just.. address them though, I also reckons.

Wrote a lot to address what you said Pb, but it was TOO much and I was nowhere near finishing, so thought I'd just let it go :D
Tue 23/09/08 at 09:46
Regular
Less than three weeks to go. Had the stag weekend, and am so glad I had yesterday off work.
Tue 23/09/08 at 09:49
Regular
I've been feeling a bit emotional recently, perhaps it's becuase of the wedding coming up. Perhaps it's just because I'm a bloke, and blokes just store things inside and bottle it all up.

Yesterday I found some story online yesterday about a man whos son has cerebal palsy, and the dad runs marathons while pushing the son in a wheel chair.

Then he decide that wasn't enough, so started doing triathlons, where he swims and pulls the son along in a dinghy, and cycles whith the son sitting on the front of the bike.

Anyway it all kind of came out and I had a cry. And I feel much better now, although I think there might be a bit more to come, which I want to get rid of.

I just don't want to blub during the vows, or during my speech or anything.
Tue 23/09/08 at 10:12
"possibly impossible"
Don't worry, the adrenaline will keep you going at the time. It also means you can drink more without getting too drunk. Well, it did for me!
Tue 23/09/08 at 16:54
Regular
Speed can do that too, take lots of speed and get married and make sure someone's filming your first dance

Why haven't we been invited? Actually don't worry about it, I'll find the address of the church and we'll all turn up (NOW you've got something to worry about)

What more you gotta get done now before the wedding, or is it just waiting now?
Tue 23/09/08 at 20:39
"Was the man of marz"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> Speed can do that too, take lots of speed and get married and
> make sure someone's filming your first dance

A family member is getting married early next year, so with a reputation as a party pooper, I've got to come up with something to take or drink (my provisional plan is to raid the hotels mini-bar).
Thu 25/09/08 at 11:56
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
I got married last June.

All my wife thought about from when we set the day the previous February was the wedding where as I just went along with the flow.

I probably seemed a bit laid back about it but I wasn't really bothered about what colour the flowers were and if they matched her shoes etc just as long as she was there so from my point of view I just had to go to my suit fitting and turn up on the day.

People often say is being married different to being engaged but I didn't feel any different, just had to get used to calling her my wife instead of my fiance
Sat 27/09/08 at 21:07
Regular
I'd like to help plan my wedding. All I want to do is choose the wedding dress she'll wear. Do you think she'll go for this?
Sat 27/09/08 at 21:49
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Machie wrote:
> I'd like to help plan my wedding. All I want to do is choose the
> wedding dress she'll wear.
> Do
> you think she'll go for this?

Awful dress, though i have to say 'if you've got it, flaunt it'

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.