GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Marriage"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 22/08/08 at 15:40
Regular
So, I'm getting married in 7 weeks. I don't think it's still sunk in properly. I have bouts getting excited about it, like when we went for suit fittings etc. It feels real then, same as when we were looking for a venue. Right now though, on a slow friday afternoon at work, it doesn't.

I'm not scared by the thought of it. But on the otherhand, right now, I'm not excited by it either. I'm just like "I'm getting married soon, that's cool." And that's about it.

Is this normal? Are there many married people on here? I'm not getting cold feet at all, it's just.... other people are more excited about it than I am. Maybe it's a bloke thing?

Maybe it's the fact that I've got to use nearly all my holiday for the honeymoon, so I've not had a single day off work this year, and I'm starting to drag because of it.

Anyway, the whole institution of marriage is fine by me. Over the last 3 years me & Mrs YH (to be) have been to about 10 weddings. All bar two have been church weddings. All bar one of them are still happily together. Although I know for a fact that at least one of them has most certainly had it's downs.

Not really sure what the point of this thread is to be honest. Friday musings that now it's out I can't be bothered (or don't want to for some reason) delete. Maybe it's something I'll add too over the next few weeks. Maybe I won't. Maybe it's something that will get some replies, or maybe it's something that none of you will read. Who knows?
Sat 11/10/08 at 23:20
Sat 04/10/08 at 22:24
"possibly impossible"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> "Now that we're married there's gonna be a lot of
> changes"
>
> That's rather lovely you ad-libbed Pb, although I hope it wasn't
> just
>
> "Well uh.. she's.. she's very pretty. Quite a nice person.
> Cheers."

Like that, more slurred. :D
Sat 04/10/08 at 02:22
Regular
"Now that we're married there's gonna be a lot of changes"

That's rather lovely you ad-libbed Pb, although I hope it wasn't just

"Well uh.. she's.. she's very pretty. Quite a nice person. Cheers."
Fri 03/10/08 at 19:12
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
YH wrote:
> Plus I just like organising things. I'll be all depressed after
> the honeymoon, I'll have nothing to plan :-)

Ha ha, I bet you'll find you've got plenty to plan:)
Fri 03/10/08 at 13:19
"possibly impossible"
I never even used a speech, just ad-libbed. As long as you remember to thank everyone and save the last bit of thanks for your wife, you'll be fine.
Fri 03/10/08 at 11:08
Regular
Not long to go now. Pretty much on track with everything. Only nerves so far are when I think about the speech. It's written, and I'm sure it's not the worst speech ever. Still a bit nervous about that though. Apart from that it's all good. Starting to get excited too, which is a bonus.

I liked helping sort it all out. At the end of the day I'm paying for it, so I want a say in what happens / gets booked / gets bought etc.

Plus I just like organising things. I'll be all depressed after the honeymoon, I'll have nothing to plan :-)
Sat 27/09/08 at 22:24
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Vee wrote:
> Dragonlance wrote:
>
> Why? A little more discreet might have had a greater effect:)
>
> Why, is what i thought when i see the pic. I'm guessing she felt
> she had to show more, she obviously wanted more attention then
> she thought she would get!

Exactly:)
Sat 27/09/08 at 22:15
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Dragonlance wrote:

> Why? A little more discreet might have had a greater effect:)

Why, is what i thought when i see the pic. I'm guessing she felt she had to show more, she obviously wanted more attention then she thought she would get!
Sat 27/09/08 at 22:10
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Vee wrote:
> Machie wrote:
> I'd like to help plan my wedding. All I want to do is choose
> the
> wedding dress she'll wear.
> Do
> you think she'll go for this?

>
> Awful dress, though i have to say 'if you've got it, flaunt it'

Why? A little more discreet might have had a greater effect:)
Sat 27/09/08 at 21:49
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Machie wrote:
> I'd like to help plan my wedding. All I want to do is choose the
> wedding dress she'll wear.
> Do
> you think she'll go for this?

Awful dress, though i have to say 'if you've got it, flaunt it'

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.