GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Olympics... OoOoO"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 08/08/08 at 19:18
"Are you sure?"
Olympics 2008 thread...
Full Olympics Medal Table from the BBC.

GB's roll of honour (again from the BBC).

I've been quite impressed with the opening ceremony - I watched most of it live this afternoon and I'm watching the highlights as I type this.

I hope 'we' can pull off something as respectable in 2012!!!

The BBC say 4bn people will be watching!
I was surprised to see Sara Brightman had got in there singing the Olympics anthem (good for album sales!).

I did a Google and some Chinese sites say she is from the USA! :¬(

Let's hope it's a good one - it's certainly started rather well...

Search Freeola Chat
Mon 11/08/08 at 12:11
"Are you sure?"
schummi wrote:
> Well won a couple more medals this morning, so I heard.. I refuse
> to watch it.

Why's that?

I'm not normally a big sports fan but I quite enjoy watching the highlights from the Olympics. Records being broken and the 'Team GB' good bits!

Take a look at BBC video 'our girls' did great!!!

Search Freeola Chat
Mon 11/08/08 at 11:11
Regular
Well won a couple more medals this morning, so I heard.. I refuse to watch it.
Mon 11/08/08 at 00:08
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Yeah the logo was supposed to be a grower but i'm still looking at it and thinking it's a yoof-centred abhorration from the deeeckhead marketing people.
Sun 10/08/08 at 23:37
Regular
"Mooching around"
Machie wrote:
> We're going to do such a terrible job I just know it :( I mean
> look at
> our
> smegging logo for christs sake
, it looks pathetic. I can't
> believe they spent £400,000 on it.

I've seen it many times before, but just scrolling through all of them, then landing on ours, it's actually pathetic. And to be honest, our last effort wasn't amazing either!
Sun 10/08/08 at 17:31
Regular
"eat toast!"
bah, the UK need to double their efforts. That measley gold is nothing especially with how many chances and opportunities we had to get more slipped from our fingers.

Early days, but at this rate we will win very little and see very little progress in our sporting activity.
Sun 10/08/08 at 09:23
"Are you sure?"
I think you might be right.

It would be good to see Paula Radcliffe get a medal - assuming she doesn't get injured/need a toilet break/pull out/etc.

Tom Daley (diving) seems to have a great attitude and full of confidence, especially for a 14 year old - it would be good to see him do well.

Full Olympics Medal Table from the BBC.

Search Freeola Chat
Sun 10/08/08 at 00:15
Regular
rowing is probably our best chance at a gold
Sat 09/08/08 at 22:38
Regular
"eat toast!"
so, day one over. A disapointment so far. Judo being especially terrible. Still early days, but if we don't win medals soon, i'll request that atheletes get lashes...
Sat 09/08/08 at 14:16
"Are you sure?"
Silent Thunder wrote:
> ...I just have this image of a huge stadium completely silent
> in shock as Boris drives around in a big red bus...

lol :¬)

I've read the Americans had a 12 hour delay before they could watch the opening so NBC could maximise their advertising income!

Sounds like they may be doing this for some of the events as well.

Good old BBC - TV and Online coverage for those in the UK is working well.

Search Freeola Chat
Sat 09/08/08 at 13:35
Regular
We're going to do such a terrible job I just know it :( I mean look at our smegging logo for christs sake, it looks pathetic. I can't believe they spent £400,000 on it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.