GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"why bother"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 01/12/00 at 08:42
Regular
why bother to wait 1.5 years for a machine that will have overpriced software and a fan base of 5 year olds (the software will reflect this).nintendo will never be able to shake of its TOY image. trust nintendo to come up with a non conformist software platform thus pushing up production cost.....again. i saw a GC demo on sattelite TV and the reveiwers wernt that impressed. go on buy a PS2 its here its now and it rocks. its sleek in design and looks in no way like a toy.
Thu 14/12/00 at 14:59
gamefan wrote:
> I think some people are fascinated by PS2. Has anyone here looked
> in the latest gaming magazines? PS2 is a major SELLOUT!!! An
> entire two pages (which were wasted) were used just to show off
> all the hundred dollar accessories. Like the Cambridge Sound
> Studio X191991 blah blah blah. Then a cheaper version. Then the
> remote. Headset. You name it, they have it. Talk about pricey. The
> surround sound set with the dvd remote together probably cost over
> 200 dollars. If not more. And I'm not dissing sports games, but
> thats practically the entire bulk of ps and ps2 games. There are
> rpgs, mainly ff7 is the best one on it. I remember the day when
> all squaresoft games were good, oh ya, the day they were on super
> nes. Remember the final fantasies, chrono trigger, secret of mana.
> Now those games in good condition sell for 100 dollars on ebay
> (Ive seen a still shrink wrapped perfect condition chrono trigger,
> mint, selling for 300+ on ebay). This just goes to show you the
> quality nintendo produces. I went online and looked and square's
> latest games on ebay, sell for under 30 dollars. I get on my n64
> to escape reality, not live it. If I bought PS2 it would only be
> for the dvd. And Ive already heard talk about PS3!!! Whats up with
> that? At least nintendo concentrates on quality and not selling
> out. The nintendo corporation is over a century old (yes a
> century). First they were a card producing company in japan, then
> came gaming. The older nintendo gets, the better. And I agree
> about kid games being difficult. Besides puzzle skills help a kid
> to learn and things like that.
>
> GameFan
Yeay yeah yeah. Another sad nintendo fan Jealous of the PS2. I will give you some credit though, you are certainly loyal to nintendo. I openly admit that i was once a nintendo fan and own an N64. At first everything was rosy with classics like mario 64. Then Sony had a revalation :" We are electrical giant, so why not make a games consol not only will we be succesful we'll also blow the others out of the water." And they did. It was quite simply amazing. Only 32 bit but still far superior to the N64. For a while i lived in hope that Nintendo could produce great games (like Zelda) on a regular basis. Sony brought out FF7 then MGS, FF8, Tony Hawks etc. Then i finally gave up hope. I realised that NIntendo could only produce Good games nothing special. This is o.k but NIntendo are falling behind the rest and fallin fast. So i turned to PS2 and i was amazed. I had my doughts at first as it would be hard to reproduce a better version of a brilliant consol. The games are amazing ,great games and great gameplay. What more could youask for. Maby DVD. And yes once again Sony provide. So gamefan if you a thinkin of dissin PS2 and prasing Gamecube then think again!
Thu 14/12/00 at 14:52
GAME FAN READ THIS

exactly why bother THIS CONSOLE IS GOING TO BE RUBBISH.
The game cube is not anywhere near as good as the ps2 game fan if thats your real name. SO BUY A PS2 NOT A GAMECUBE. I used to be obsessed about nintendo,but then the ps2 came out with its awesome graphics and superb games and one of the best features of the ps2 is that you can play your old games from your playstation on the ps2 and the graphics make it BETTER. So "game fan" the only reason your saying those things is because your either to poor to afford a ps2 or you can't get one because you didn't preorder one. The games are going to be so good like metal gear solid for example. Even though i have an nintendo 64 i will bow down to the superioty of the ps2. It is so good. It doesn't only look poor but the name is poor to "GAME CUBE" So in conclusion ps2 rules and gamecube sucks.

BUY A PS2 and all u nintendo fans if thats what u really are because as soon as something cool comes out you will leave the game cube and nintendo just like i did.
Wed 13/12/00 at 20:52
Regular
It was the... err, whatsit. You know... the costs that producers have to pay to use the format...

Anyway, that's gone down too. So it is cheap to make for.

SSX, FIFA, MADDEN ON GAMECUBE! WHOOPEE!
Wed 13/12/00 at 20:38
also, have you read the gc design specs. This new smaller (YES smaller, so's taking down production costs) Holds 1.4GB of space. The old N64 cartidges could only hold 64MB. More bang for the buck my friend. Argue with that
Wed 13/12/00 at 20:35
I think some people are fascinated by PS2. Has anyone here looked in the latest gaming magazines? PS2 is a major SELLOUT!!! An entire two pages (which were wasted) were used just to show off all the hundred dollar accessories. Like the Cambridge Sound Studio X191991 blah blah blah. Then a cheaper version. Then the remote. Headset. You name it, they have it. Talk about pricey. The surround sound set with the dvd remote together probably cost over 200 dollars. If not more. And I'm not dissing sports games, but thats practically the entire bulk of ps and ps2 games. There are rpgs, mainly ff7 is the best one on it. I remember the day when all squaresoft games were good, oh ya, the day they were on super nes. Remember the final fantasies, chrono trigger, secret of mana. Now those games in good condition sell for 100 dollars on ebay (Ive seen a still shrink wrapped perfect condition chrono trigger, mint, selling for 300+ on ebay). This just goes to show you the quality nintendo produces. I went online and looked and square's latest games on ebay, sell for under 30 dollars. I get on my n64 to escape reality, not live it. If I bought PS2 it would only be for the dvd. And Ive already heard talk about PS3!!! Whats up with that? At least nintendo concentrates on quality and not selling out. The nintendo corporation is over a century old (yes a century). First they were a card producing company in japan, then came gaming. The older nintendo gets, the better. And I agree about kid games being difficult. Besides puzzle skills help a kid to learn and things like that.

GameFan
Wed 13/12/00 at 17:28
Regular
"Do you see?"

I doubt it, otherwise it could see the obvious improvements in graphics with the gamecube, AND he would be able to type properly.
Tue 12/12/00 at 21:01
Regular
You need to learn a little bit more about the Games industry and how many Saturns sold in it's first year, before the superior PS came out one year later.

The PS2 will sell well in it's first year then a superior colourful box will appear roughly a year later...

Do you see?
Tue 12/12/00 at 08:22
Regular
"~SRS~humpo"
2 games a year maketh not a great console manic
Mon 11/12/00 at 21:39
how can the gamecube ever fail? i love all consoles but 'rare' only develop games for nintendo. and it's no secret that rare make the best games. ever. arguement over.
Fri 08/12/00 at 17:44
Regular
If there was a picture of a poo, it would of also captured my attention, and we would also be talking about it.

Connection? Both adverts are utter crap.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.