GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"why bother"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 01/12/00 at 08:42
Regular
why bother to wait 1.5 years for a machine that will have overpriced software and a fan base of 5 year olds (the software will reflect this).nintendo will never be able to shake of its TOY image. trust nintendo to come up with a non conformist software platform thus pushing up production cost.....again. i saw a GC demo on sattelite TV and the reveiwers wernt that impressed. go on buy a PS2 its here its now and it rocks. its sleek in design and looks in no way like a toy.
Mon 18/12/00 at 21:58
Regular
Like you said, I've been through this oh so many times, I can't be bothered to go through every market detail.

Watch Digitiser, Channel 4 teletext, page 480.

You'll begin to learn...
Sat 16/12/00 at 12:56
dan_uk wrote:
> You need to learn a little bit more about the Games industry and
> how many Saturns sold in it's first year, before the superior PS
> came out one year later.
>
> The PS2 will sell well in it's first year then a superior
> colourful box will appear roughly a year later...
>
>
>
> Do you see?

No i don't see cause i'm blind what do u think idiot. Another problem you have basically repeated the same thing and i bet you have gone to every discussion saying this about a million times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your so poor when you were asked why you were kicking a can along the street you said " i am moving my bank account."
Sat 16/12/00 at 12:52
dan_uk wrote:
> Humpo, Manselldavid, daguvna45,
>
> all seem to have the same story:
>
> "I once liked Nintendo but they let me down ... blah, blah...
> gamefan you idiot... blah, blah... stupid zealots!... blah,
> blah... buy PS2 instead etc.
>
> I don't suppose that you're the same person by any chance?
>
> Nice try but you all show that you don't really know much about
> the games market and I doubt you had an N64 (perhaps played one
> for 5 mins at a friends house)
>
> You got a hell of a lot to learn...

Well i think you have a lot to learn actually because i have had a snez, nintendo 64 and a gameboy. And also da guvna is a really good freind of mine so stop dissing him. Also if you look on the winners you will notice WARDY my freind and ali-tems also my freind. If you know so much about the gaming market why didn't you say anything about it then?

By the way you are probably too poor to buy your own console and that is also probably why you haven't even written anything about a game or anything. You are probably so poor that if you ever did buy a magazine you would use it as a blanket. You are so poor when your mum was kicking a can along the road and someone said "what are u doing" she replied "I a moving my house"

Your mum is so fat that when she fell down the grandcanyon she got stuck and your so dum you got run over by a parked car.

I do have other jokes about you but it would be wasting my time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fri 15/12/00 at 09:43
Regular
"not dead"
I wouldn't put humpo in the same group as the others. humpo seems capable of discussion, and I believe that he actually bothers to read the posts properly. I think he's a PS2 man in the same way that you're a Nintendo man.

The other two?

They seem to be ignorant of all of the facts, so you can't blame them for not being able to argue their point well.
Thu 14/12/00 at 21:34
Regular
Humpo, Manselldavid, daguvna45,

all seem to have the same story:

"I once liked Nintendo but they let me down ... blah, blah... gamefan you idiot... blah, blah... stupid zealots!... blah, blah... buy PS2 instead etc.

I don't suppose that you're the same person by any chance?

Nice try but you all show that you don't really know much about the games market and I doubt you had an N64 (perhaps played one for 5 mins at a friends house)

You got a hell of a lot to learn...
Thu 14/12/00 at 21:16
Regular
> Yeay yeah yeah. Another sad nintendo fan Jealous of the PS2. I
> will give you some credit though, you are certainly loyal to
> nintendo. I openly admit that i was once a nintendo fan and own
> an N64. At first everything was rosy with classics like mario
> 64. Then Sony had a revalation :" We are electrical giant,
> so why not make a games consol not only will we be succesful we'll
> also blow the others out of the water." And they did. It.....

You get the idea. For one, no-one has played the GC. Two it is faster than the PS2. 3, several of the PS2 best are being drafted for GC. 4 on this very website, I have read of people complaining of poor DVD quality, games crashing, and developers are getting very annoyed with PS2 toughness. GC is easy to develop for - Spoken from developers themselves, and X-Box is from Microsoft, who if it fails, will lose huge amounts of money, and it really is just a jumped up PC. Buy one of them instrad and do your Homework as well.

GameCube will probably not sell as well, but that does not mean it is a bad console. If Nintendo learn from the mistakes of thge N64 (a great console), I can't see any reason why they shouldn't regain their crown.

And for all those who say that PSX has more games. Quality, not quantity. You have nothing like PD, GoldenEye, the Mario series, and all the classics like BK, DK64, Turoks (The) World Driver and of course Zelda.
Thu 14/12/00 at 21:07
Regular
humpo wrote:
> 2 games a year maketh not a great console manic

Yes-Okay, they make 2-4 games yes. But are they crap. No they are absoloute classics, and they are far more playable than the PSX best, Codemasters or any developers like that.
Thu 14/12/00 at 19:55
i agree brother!!
Thu 14/12/00 at 19:50
you are all such a pack of hypocrites. i'm fed up of yaps dissin'' nintendo.

do you ever look at the ps advertisin'. its everywhere, its even been found to contain subliminal messages telliun people to gets the ps, ps2, ps5 and the ps64

sony are a big company who don't care about their gamers.
how many games developed by sony are out. 0

how many to nintendo and sega make, piles.
then stupid people, most likely no good at games copme out and say, the ps2 is better than the ngc, you silly lil ****. you have been brainwashed. p.s its sony who make the good games, its nintendo who make the classics, all right!
you've all lost your head somewhere in the 3rd place by the looks of things, taken in by the spendthrift sony who buy success instead of earning it.

why bother waiting for gamecube?
why bother gettin outta bed in the mornin in your case
Thu 14/12/00 at 17:53
Regular
I don't go around dissing PS2. I want a Gamecube.

I wonder what the reply will be?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.