GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"why bother"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 01/12/00 at 08:42
Regular
why bother to wait 1.5 years for a machine that will have overpriced software and a fan base of 5 year olds (the software will reflect this).nintendo will never be able to shake of its TOY image. trust nintendo to come up with a non conformist software platform thus pushing up production cost.....again. i saw a GC demo on sattelite TV and the reveiwers wernt that impressed. go on buy a PS2 its here its now and it rocks. its sleek in design and looks in no way like a toy.
Fri 01/12/00 at 08:42
Regular
"~SRS~humpo"
why bother to wait 1.5 years for a machine that will have overpriced software and a fan base of 5 year olds (the software will reflect this).nintendo will never be able to shake of its TOY image. trust nintendo to come up with a non conformist software platform thus pushing up production cost.....again. i saw a GC demo on sattelite TV and the reveiwers wernt that impressed. go on buy a PS2 its here its now and it rocks. its sleek in design and looks in no way like a toy.
Fri 01/12/00 at 10:13
Regular
"not dead"
Ah humpo, my poor misguided fool. Let me give you my opinion on this matter.

Although many Nintendo games have a cartoony appearence that may attract younger gamers, the games themselves offer quite a challenge. They appeal to all ages. I'm 23, I love the look of Nintendo's games. I play games to escape from reality once in a while, and I think that these games offer a great place to escape to. Do you honestly know many 5 year olds that have gathered all 120 stars in Mario64, without help from a guide? Or that has actually collected all 150 Pokemon on the Gameboy games?
These games offer a large challenge.
If you don't like this type of game, then there's always the Perfect Dark style games.
You are free to have you're own opinion on this, but at least dismiss it with some proper argument. Otherwise I'll just get bored.
Sun 03/12/00 at 14:25
Regular
"~SRS~humpo"
hey bjlangly rugrats....kids.....get my drift here
Sun 03/12/00 at 15:51
Regular
Rugrats on PS2 too...
Sun 03/12/00 at 23:09
1.5 years? Overpriced games? Where the hell did you get this cr@p?

The Gamecube itself is officially at the moment priced at £150 and the DVD Gamecube at £250 Both of them cheaper than the Playstation 2! The new disk format is bringing the price of games down! The only reason N64 games were expensive was because they were still on carts.

The official date so far for the Gamecubes UK release is Christmas 2001! That's just over a year!
At least Nintendo haven't done any "third World" sorry "Third place" adverts with a duck and some mutilated bloke!
Mon 04/12/00 at 08:12
Regular
"~SRS~humpo"
hey dark sim
how much of a market lead will sony get in this time.
by the time GC is out it will be 13.000.000 sony 0 nintendo worldwide
Mon 04/12/00 at 19:47
Regular
You are overestimating, like many, the power of the PS2 humpo.

The PS2, I am quite convinced, will fail. Not even being cool will save it now.
Mon 04/12/00 at 20:58
Regular
Read my Topic in the PS2 forum Humpo.
You've got a lot to learn kid.

You're judging the PS2 by the PSOnes great reputation, the same way many judged the Saturn by the Mega Drives great reputation...
Tue 05/12/00 at 08:43
Regular
"~SRS~humpo"
hey dan-uk people obivously didnt judge saturn by megadrive standards as megadrive sold oodles and i can count saturn sales on one hand
Tue 05/12/00 at 08:49
Regular
"~SRS~humpo"
grix...what on earth do you base your decision thay PS2 will fail...that one went way over my head

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.