GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Burnout 2"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 11/10/02 at 10:02
Regular
You need this game - read the review i wrote.

I managed to get it a day early in a local shop and its excellent!!!
Sat 02/11/02 at 19:37
burnout 1 +2 suck
Thu 31/10/02 at 10:20
Regular
Hmmm, I remember trying something like this, but can`t remember it being called survival, but yes it does replace crash mode.

You activate the "cheat" and you can then go to the new mode replacing crash, and then you get put into the old crash courses, starting at a ridiculous speed. Perhaps I was going about it the wrong way - I tried to crash, but maybe you have to make it to the end. I`ll give it a go tonight if I can.

Still, it doesn`t seem to be part of the game, as all 64 medals are won elsewhere, so its basically a nice little bonus that you can play for fun I guess.
Wed 30/10/02 at 19:16
I unlocked 'survival mode' the other day. You do it by completing crash mode. You access it by going into options then cheats - it replaces crash mode on the menu's but i really dont know what it does. I started it and it just seemed like normal crash mode. Anyone know what it is?
Tue 29/10/02 at 13:06
Regular
I only played a quick demo of the original Burnout, but from that its easy to see that the graphical changes are impressive. It is a lot smoother, and incredibly, its faster too. Its like a "hi-res cousin" :D
Tue 29/10/02 at 12:06
are the graphics on this alot smoother than the first one??
Mon 28/10/02 at 19:31
i got it today, oh this game is good :)!
i did however, while i was playing it, notice a glitch. on one of the tracks (sorry can't remember which) i sort of 'forgot' to turn during burnout and hit the green barriers, well instead of stopping me i went through it. i carried on along the street but then everything went white and after a few seconds i ended up back on the track but further ahead, it was a bit like no clipping on FPS's.
weird!
well i've unlocked the cop car, oval racer, learning car, classic, hot rod. thats all i think. well its going to be a long night :)
if you don't have this game, get this game. it is very good.

(corporal reddles, you quote all of this and i'll kill you myself)
Mon 28/10/02 at 18:12
The framerate isnt that bad on 2 player, its only really noticable if you come straight from 1 player to multiplayer. I'd say it would take about 3-4 hours to complete the whole thing, maybe 5-6 i'm not really sure. Thats quite good for an arcade racer.
Mon 28/10/02 at 09:35
Regular
I`ve done all the custom championships, so all the standard racing is done. Sadly there weren`t really any challenging races in all of it, and the only thing that is causing problems is crash mode. I really can`t be bothered to keep doing it until I get gold sometimes. Hopefully, once I unlock survival mode, or whatever its called, then things will become truly challenging rather than randomly challenging.
Mon 28/10/02 at 09:15
how many hours do you think it takes to complete, unlocking everything?
Sat 26/10/02 at 20:51
Regular
the framerate on the multiplayer is poo, but at least its playable, i found the first game too hard to complete in a rent, so i've bourght this one. It is a hell of alot easier, feels like it really is an arcade game, but there is also a hell of alot more to do. I'm on the 3rd set of races on custom championship, but urgh i keep crashing at the end of races, meaning i don't get the gold therefor i don't unlock the persuits/face off's, must practice more!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.