GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"It is a sick, sick world we live in"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 11/10/02 at 01:09
Regular
http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_687559.html

Is there any need to do that to a woman of that age? What harm could she do to the git who did this to her?

If you must burgle people, why not just take stuff and leave? That's completely unnecessary.
Sun 13/10/02 at 23:39
"High polygon count"
Belldandy wrote:
> I'd bet that probably there is no Tarot card anyway as the police have
> never confirmed it, it's just overactive media speculation. For
> starters, if it was found on victim then it indicates close contact -
> which contradicts the whole sniper thing, and it it was found in a
> location then it contradicts the idea that this person is mobile and
> taking opportunity kills.

It was apparently found in grass not too far from one of the attacks, beside a bullet casing.
Sat 12/10/02 at 18:09
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
gerrid wrote:
> I imagine it would be hard to catch a sniper, but with the FBIs
> Ballistics department on the case, at least they could find a pattern
> in his killings.
> He's got to slip up sometime.
> Surely they could just put a check on purchases of 7.62 rounds (or
> whatever kind of ammunition he uses) and that would give them some
> leads.

Trouble is 7.62 is fairly common, and fits a variety of guns. Ballistics is only really going to be useful for determining whether a killing is made by the same weapon. Until the next shooting, the best chance to get him is going to be to step up patrols and get as many airborne units up as possible. Trouble is you can't keep up high intensitry patrols like that for ages, and he could just wait until the patrols die down again.....

~~Belldandy~~
Sat 12/10/02 at 16:15
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I imagine it would be hard to catch a sniper, but with the FBIs Ballistics department on the case, at least they could find a pattern in his killings.
He's got to slip up sometime.
Surely they could just put a check on purchases of 7.62 rounds (or whatever kind of ammunition he uses) and that would give them some leads.
Sat 12/10/02 at 12:57
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> I'm pretty sure the card left by soldiers in Vietnam was the Ace of
> Spades, not a Tarot card.

You'd be correct....... using a tarot card is actually contradictory if someone is leaving messages like "I am god", it's fairly certain that whoever it is believes in a christian religion - it's the most popular and likely in America. Tarot cards aren't from that faith at all.

I'd bet that probably there is no Tarot card anyway as the police have never confirmed it, it's just overactive media speculation. For starters, if it was found on victim then it indicates close contact - which contradicts the whole sniper thing, and it it was found in a location then it contradicts the idea that this person is mobile and taking opportunity kills.

In all likelihood this guy has some kind of cover that lets him hide in plain sight. The authorities will get him, a he'll carry on until he's stopped. As more people stay indoors then thats going to allow the police to close in, question more people. Now the FBI has moved in that brings a lot more resources, next time there is a shooting then they're just going to swoop in.

He'll be stopped, but I doubt they'll take him alive.

~~Belldandy~~
Sat 12/10/02 at 09:57
Regular
"The flux capacitor!"
Belldandy wrote:
> On the sniper in America, I don't think it's going to be a war
> veteran. Any modern sniper rifle with a correctly ranged scope
> wouldn't be that hard for anyone to use. Even the fact he is using one
> shot at a time doesn't point to military - the calibre is high enough
> to ensure that if he aims for the centre of a target then it'll do the
> damage.

I gotta agree. Reminton 700's (the weapon they think he's using) are easily available in America and I imagine with a decent scope, it can't be that difficult to nail someone. It may sound morbid, but I actually find this one of the most interesting murder stories in a long time. I wonder what this whole Tarrot card business is though - is he just taunting police?

And as for the attack on the woman, that is down right wrong. You take your stuff and leave, if you're dumb enough to do a burglary in WHITE TROUSERS in the first place...
Sat 12/10/02 at 00:21
Regular
"Kill all Hippies"
cookie monster wrote:
> Burglars are the biggest scum of the earth.

I completely agree. Anyone who enters someone elses house to take goods is the lowest of the low.
Fri 11/10/02 at 23:19
"High polygon count"
RastaBillySkank wrote:
> Yeah that's what the police think now, especially after they found a
> "Death" tarot card with "Dear Policemen, I am God"
> written on it, it's the same sort of thing the Americans left on dead
> solidiers in Vietnam.

I'm pretty sure the card left by soldiers in Vietnam was the Ace of Spades, not a Tarot card.
Fri 11/10/02 at 22:49
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
It's sick, but this kind of thing is going on everyday thanks to our criminal justice system that too often prioritises offenders over victims.

If someone under 18 comitted this, or even under 16, then at most they'd be looking at 4 years in a young offenders prison, early release in 2 years. Even an adult would probably only get 5 for this.

On the sniper in America, I don't think it's going to be a war veteran. Any modern sniper rifle with a correctly ranged scope wouldn't be that hard for anyone to use. Even the fact he is using one shot at a time doesn't point to military - the calibre is high enough to ensure that if he aims for the centre of a target then it'll do the damage. Also, I'm sure it will be a "he" and not she. Also, I don't think it's silenced, the sound, despite the loudness, is probably going to be masked by daytime noise and any confined space he's operating from.

There's a lot of bad stuff happening right now, but it's still not that bad a world really.

~~Belldandy~~
Fri 11/10/02 at 22:06
Thats truely sick
Fri 11/10/02 at 21:50
Regular
"Livin' it down"
who ever did that to that poor women is one sick twisted b*****d. And let me at him wonder how 'hard' he'd be then.

This world is getting sicker and sicker as days go by.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.