GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"It is a sick, sick world we live in"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 11/10/02 at 01:09
Regular
http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_687559.html

Is there any need to do that to a woman of that age? What harm could she do to the git who did this to her?

If you must burgle people, why not just take stuff and leave? That's completely unnecessary.
Sat 26/10/02 at 11:17
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Casualty figures have gone up - estimated at 60-70 now - reportedly the gas used adversely effected some hostages because they'd been denied food/water and medication by the Chechens.

Even so, using gas was the only way this was going to be possible - if the theaters main hall where most hostage were had had a glass dome then maybe they could have rappeled in - but the falling glass may have caused lare injuries, explosive entry through the floor was a no go - it'd take too long and there's nowhere to enter that gives line of sight through the whole hall. A conventional attack wihtout gas would also have been to hard, there'd be no way to reach the hostages fast enough.

CNN is reporting that the raid was triggered when, after the two hostages were killed, several more ran from the building, the Chechens fired at them and the Russian Special Forces covered them with return fire and then attacked.

It'd be interesting to know just how they got the gas in...probably someone infiltrated inside and placed them.

~~Belldandy~~
Sat 26/10/02 at 10:30
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Belldandy wrote:
> I think the Russian did a top notch job getting those hostages out of
> that theatre.

I couldn't believe the News when I woke up this morning. I was convinced I was going to wake up to the news that the whole theatre had gone up taking the hostages and rebels with it. The russians must be commended on a good job.
Sat 26/10/02 at 10:26
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
I think the Russian did a top notch job getting those hostages out of that theatre. At the moment it's estimated that all but 2 of the terrorists are dead, 10-30 hostages dead, 40-50 hostage wounded or affected by gas. Looks like the Russian special forces hit them with some kind of sleeping gas that slowed the terrorists reactions right down.

Great job. Obviously it'd be better if no hostages would have died, but when the Chechens killed those 2 in the early hours of the morning the Russians had to go in, at least over 600 people are alive an safe now.

~~Belldandy~~
Thu 24/10/02 at 22:43
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
allardini wrote:
> The sad truth is that the world's gonna be destroyed by the people
> inside it, one day. Not from some sort of strange Sun explosion.

Nah, things aren't that bad, everything has a bright side to it if you look hard enough.

Those hostages in Moscow, held by 50 terrorists ? Surrounding the place are hundreds of police, and 250 special forces soldiers willing to risk their lives to save them.

The sniper ? He killed innocent people, but there was one of him, there were thousands of law enforcement officials trying to stop him, and hopefully they have.

On 9/11, amidst the deaths and destruction, the emergency service people went to save lives and help.

The world isn't that bad, sure there are bad people, but there are far more good people.

~~Belldandy~~
Thu 24/10/02 at 22:32
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
The sad truth is that the world's gonna be destroyed by the people inside it, one day. Not from some sort of strange Sun explosion.
Thu 24/10/02 at 22:26
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Just found this on BBC News;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/2358427.stm

Not seen it on Sky or BBC 24, seems a pretty major thing as well. I mean, 24 years held in a foreign country just to be teachers ?

~~Belldandy~~
Thu 24/10/02 at 22:24
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Indeed.

It all, at this moment, seems to be going a bit hectic.

Or maybe its just the blanket media coverage of events such as bomings recently. Of course, this sniper and Russian theatre situations are pretty damn nasty. Although the sniper thing may have been solved.......
Thu 24/10/02 at 22:20
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Well, IF they've got the right man, it seems he was.

Luckily I'm not a profiler eh ? This guy seems the right one, ballistics and fingerprinting are matching him to at least two scenes, and if they really did get the rifle from his vehicle... end of story.

What about this theatre in Russia ? That's going to be one big mess ins't it ? Not saying the Russians can't handle it, but 50 terrorists, with heavy weapons, mines and explosives rigged... gonna need one hell of a plan to take them down. I don't think Russia will give in to their demands - withdrawal from Chechenya isn't an option and would only encourage further attacks Hopefuly they'll sort something out and get those 700 or so people out, but it's a tough one.

~~Belldandy~~
Thu 24/10/02 at 20:25
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Wookiee must have a good memory :)
Thu 24/10/02 at 20:24
"High polygon count"
Belldandy wrote:
> On the sniper in America, I don't think it's going to be a war
> veteran.

Well, IF they've got the right man, it seems he was.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.