GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Question for Ninty's."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 25/09/02 at 13:11
Regular
Now that it is completely 100% official that Microsoft has bought Rare, how many of you Ninty's will be getting an Xbox to carry on playing Rare Games?

It seems that you love Rare so much, as you lot always shouted "We've got Rare developing for us!" whenever someone tried to put down Nintendo. So I guess that you'll all be putting your GC away in the wardrobe, and you'll be buying an Xbox pretty soonish.

Or am I wrong?
Wed 25/09/02 at 17:03
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
I'm a Ninty and I say...

Ever since the news people on these forums who would brag of the quality Rare brought to Nintendo consoles are now saying that they don't care that they're going, it's like they've all jumped on a bandwagon and decided Rare wern't that good anyway and they don't care, when obviously there is a loss there. No more Banjo games for instance which as I've said before are amongst my most favourite games ever.

Rare rule.

As for buying an X Box, I'll wait and see for the moment but if maybe Banjo and Kameo get released on it then I would seriously consider purchasing one.
Wed 25/09/02 at 17:16
Regular
"bearded n dangerous"
Hey Goatboy, you can take the oversize wooden spoon off your christmas list - your stirring skills need no power-ups.
Wed 25/09/02 at 17:42
Regular
I'm a Ninty. I'm not going to get an X-Box.

Yeah, I'm sad to see Rare go, they've made some of Nintendo's best games, but I'm not really bothered. There's always replacements. Instead of PD there's TimeSplitters2, games like Donkey Kong Racing aren't lost either, Nintendo could easily try to mimic Rares early ideas of the game.

Of course, if I was thinking of getting an XBox this would push me to get it. because even though there are few games being made, that small percentage will be damn good quality. My only worry is that if a big company like MS push Rare to make more games and the quality goes down.

Plus I wouldn't change consoles now, there's such a huge amount of Triple A titles being made and ready to be released for the GameCube after the summer games loss.

Although Rare will be a great loss, it won't affect the GameCube too greatly.
Wed 25/09/02 at 18:09
Regular
I own all 3 consoles, but still am a pretty solid Ninty.

Bought an Xbox a few weeks back becasue at its current price its a bargain really.

I'm sure we woudnt have seen prices this low, this early, if Microsoft hadnt enterted the market. Nice one.
Wed 25/09/02 at 18:13
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
To be perfectly honest, I think Rare have lost their touch. Of course it's a bit ironic I'm saying this right after they switch to Microsoft, but it isn't really when we think about it. Rare are developing less and less games these days, and the games that they are developing have hefty delays placed on them.

I have no intention of buying an X-Box, because to be honest, Rare don't mean THAT much to me, to make me buy a new console. Nintendo have enough top quality names developing for them now, so Rare would be pretty much outclassed anyway, unless they got their act together, and fast.

Starfox will be one Rare game that I'll most certainly get in the next-gen console wars, and I'm sure it'll be the only Rare game I get, as i don't intend to ever buy an X-Box. Even if Starfox is the only Rare game coming to GC, I couldn't really care too much. It'll be amazing, stunning, lengthly and fun, and I'll be happy with that.

I can live without Perfect Dark, Banjo and Conker.
Wed 25/09/02 at 18:23
Regular
"Festivus!"
I am not buying one!
Wed 25/09/02 at 18:25
"The Will of D."
I'm also a Ninty and am still not going to even touch an Xbox let alone buy one. Even if RARE has joined the dark side they do not have the most popular RARE character Fox McCloud.

Also RARE will have more trouble actually making games on time for the Xbox because they had the same problem of adapting when they switched from N64 to GC, so they will also have delays for the games, even though they have the plans for them already made (Kameo included, Damn them!).

The pressurethat Rarehas also been given by Xbox to make 5 games in the next 2 years.... well they will not even be able to make the first game dead line which is in easter. HA HA!
Wed 25/09/02 at 18:25
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
RiCkOsS wrote:
> My only worry is that if a big
> company like MS push Rare to make more games and the quality goes
> down.

This is a sentiment Ive read from quite a few Ninties since the Rare news became official... I must admit to being a little confused as to why they thing Microsoft are going to push people to finish titles on time?...

I was just reading a couple of minutes ago that Peter Moylneuxs title has already been in development for 3 years...

The release date of the 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' was pushed back numerous times...

It is a notable tactic of EA, who do seem to be the most unscrupulous producers on the market, however, I know of no prior examples of MS forcing a company to release a game by a certain date... Where are you getting this idea from?
Wed 25/09/02 at 18:28
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
$lik wrote:
> anyway the future of rare is out of Nintendos hands now and has
> fallen into a company of greed and power

lol.. This would be in opposition to Nintendos purley non-profit, charity based business practices...

I always thought they didnt exploit the 'Pokemon' titles enough.
Wed 25/09/02 at 19:05
Regular
I havent read any replys as i have no time, so sorry if i repeat what someone has already said.

Im not buying an xbox no way, rare is good but they cant keep a console afloat on their own.
Also i havent seen any good games since "those" developers left, to think of it i havent seen any games full stop.

I could write more buit im bored and ive said them other places.

Also i was thinking if a girl wrote something about rare going to microsoft, then insult some people, and then tell people her life story.. how many replies would the topic get?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.