GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Question for Ninty's."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 25/09/02 at 13:11
Regular
Now that it is completely 100% official that Microsoft has bought Rare, how many of you Ninty's will be getting an Xbox to carry on playing Rare Games?

It seems that you love Rare so much, as you lot always shouted "We've got Rare developing for us!" whenever someone tried to put down Nintendo. So I guess that you'll all be putting your GC away in the wardrobe, and you'll be buying an Xbox pretty soonish.

Or am I wrong?
Wed 25/09/02 at 13:38
"Darkness, always"
Your Honour wrote:
> That's bollards. Nintendo still have the rights to Donkey Kong, and,
> erm, that's it.

don't forget StarFox...

> Check out www.rareware.com if you don't believe me. We're getting
> Perfect Dark Zero, a Conkers Game, Banjo Kazooie and more.

Conkers - crap
Banjo - crap.

People praise these games, I really don't know why, they suck. As stated before, Rare haven't come up with anything worth shouting about for some years now. They make a great mascot, but mascots don't play ball.
Wed 25/09/02 at 13:40
Regular
I am very disappointed Rare have left, but it won't make an iota of difference in terms of me buying an Xbox. I didn't buy an N64 because of Rare, I bought one because of Mario 64. Likewise, I bought a Gamecube because of next gen u[dates of Mazza and Link - Rare games were just a massive bonus.

Anyway, I'm glad for Xbox owners that they finally have the promise of decent games - Halo must be getting boring by now.

Anyhow, can't be bothered to write more, I guess you can gaze at your fixture lists while I look forward to Mario Sunshine on the 4th Oct.
Wed 25/09/02 at 13:41
"Darkness, always"
AliBoy wrote:
> I don't care what games Rare will release on the Xbox, At the moment I
> don't want and XBox, I do want more decent games on the gamecube

I don't. Christ, the current line-up is going to cost me another £400 before christmas. If they bring out any more decent games, I'll go bankrupt.

Another reason why I won't buy an XBOX, no money, and with all the GC games hanging around, where would I put the behemoth?
"Darkness, always"
AliBoy wrote:

I don't. Christ, the current line-up is going to cost me another £400 before christmas. If they bring out any more decent games, I'll go bankrupt.

Another reason why I won't buy an XBOX, no money, and with all the GC games hanging around, where would I put the behemoth?
"Darkness, always"
AliBoy wrote:

Wed 25/09/02 at 13:42
"Darkness, always"
I'm going to find someone in the IT department, and I'm going wring his scrawny neck.

The state of this internet connection is farcical.
Wed 25/09/02 at 13:47
Regular
"everyone says it"
Yeah, they are getting Kameo a game which has been in development for a long time however it was so far into being made I don't think the visuals will improve much for its XBox release.

Answer to the question? I don't care. I have all the consoles.

The best place to actually read what has happened is the google news site. They explain it all.

:)
Wed 25/09/02 at 13:48
Regular
Goatboy wrote:
> *chuckles*
>
> Now the argument is "Well Rare only produce a game every couple
> of years, so no great loss"

No, I'm gutted that they've got but I'm not gonna run out and buy a console solely for one developer who rarely (pun not intended) release more than 2 games a year.
Wed 25/09/02 at 13:49
Regular
Well I was genuine...

Yep, I'll be getting an Xbox (not just yet. I'll wait for another price cut, for Rare games to be released, and I'll also want some sort of broadband connection too...) and keep playing Rare's games.

I'm still planning to work for them too (still living in cloud cuckoo land! ;-D).
Wed 25/09/02 at 14:07
Regular
"everyone says it"
Yes its a shame. Rare are incredible developers. Everything they released was excellent. Its all about names and labels. Now Microsoft have the Perfect Dark sequel, Conker and Banjo. However, in the great schemes of things, Nintendo still have Starfox, Donkey Kong, Zelda, Mario and Metroid as well as a well known and the most currently recognised thing in the world. Pikachu.

Games are games. Play them.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.