GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Question for Ninty's."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 25/09/02 at 13:11
Regular
Now that it is completely 100% official that Microsoft has bought Rare, how many of you Ninty's will be getting an Xbox to carry on playing Rare Games?

It seems that you love Rare so much, as you lot always shouted "We've got Rare developing for us!" whenever someone tried to put down Nintendo. So I guess that you'll all be putting your GC away in the wardrobe, and you'll be buying an Xbox pretty soonish.

Or am I wrong?
Wed 25/09/02 at 13:11
Regular
Now that it is completely 100% official that Microsoft has bought Rare, how many of you Ninty's will be getting an Xbox to carry on playing Rare Games?

It seems that you love Rare so much, as you lot always shouted "We've got Rare developing for us!" whenever someone tried to put down Nintendo. So I guess that you'll all be putting your GC away in the wardrobe, and you'll be buying an Xbox pretty soonish.

Or am I wrong?
Wed 25/09/02 at 13:16
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Heh

Ironproof
Wed 25/09/02 at 13:21
"Darkness, always"
If I want Rare games now, I've no doubt I'll be able to acquire them for my PC (albeit obviously via dubious means).

But I probably won't anyway. The best thing rare ever did was GoldenEye. They mean nothing. I'll have 16 games for my GC before Christmas - guaranteed (unless something gets delayed). And there is nothing on XBOX I want that I can't get elsewhere.
Wed 25/09/02 at 13:23
"slightlyshortertagl"
you have a point YH.

seriosuly though, i doubt Ninty's are gonna swap over to other consoles. Ninties used Rare as a mascot and a shield to hide behind when bombarded with anti-Nintendo .... things. Now it's gone.. weehee :-D
Wed 25/09/02 at 13:24
Regular
Rare games are great but there's no way I'm running out and buying an Xbox, they release about 2 games a year maximum so to buy a new console for 2 games a year would be a waste of money. Also I barely have time to play my Gamecube so there'd be no point having 2 consoles.

Oh and the other thing is if I did run out and buy an Xbox i'd be falling int Bill Gates's greedy brown fingers, he obvioulsy hopes that a lot of people are gonna buy a Box for Rare. Shove it up your Pipe Mr Gates.
Wed 25/09/02 at 13:25
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Not me. :)

Nintendo still hold the rights to all the likes of Conker, Banjo Tooie, Starfox, DK and Perfect Dark anyway. Microsoft cannot get those! :P

But they are getting Kameo...

I want to see more from them first. I won't just follow them, I brought a GameCube for Nintendo games like Mario and Zelda anyway - nothing can beat those!
Wed 25/09/02 at 13:25
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I've never played a Rare game in my life, so they have yet to prove to me that they are a games company worth buying a games console for. I doubt I would anyway, I never buy consoles for one devlopment team, usually for a whole selection of games I find appealing.

The x-box doesn't have any games I find appealing, and can't get on any of my other games playing machines, so nothing at this point in time will convince me to buy an x-box.
Wed 25/09/02 at 13:28
Regular
Solskjær wrote:
> Not me. :)
>
> Nintendo still hold the rights to all the likes of Conker, Banjo
> Tooie, Starfox, DK and Perfect Dark anyway. Microsoft cannot get
> those! :P

That's bollards. Nintendo still have the rights to Donkey Kong, and, erm, that's it.

Check out www.rareware.com if you don't believe me. We're getting Perfect Dark Zero, a Conkers Game, Banjo Kazooie and more.
Wed 25/09/02 at 13:35
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
*chuckles*

Now the argument is "Well Rare only produce a game every couple of years, so no great loss"

Backpedal anyone?
Wed 25/09/02 at 13:37
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Is the XBox crayola Crayon proof?

I don't care what games Rare will release on the Xbox, At the moment I don't want and XBox, I do want more decent games on the gamecube and the good PS2 games to be released now but thats all.

Oh and some lunch would be nice too.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.