GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So Rare go. Big deal."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 11/09/02 at 18:42
Regular
It's not like they're already changing the face of GC, is it. You'll probably still get Starfox and Perfect Dark. As for the rest, we haven't heard much of them yet anyway, so they won't be missed that much.

It's the truth.
Thu 12/09/02 at 13:45
Regular
I didn't explain myself very well.

Yes, buying an Xbox PURELY on the reasoning that they have Rare shares would be stupid.

Even if that made Rare games Xbox exclusive, it would still probably be silly to buy an Xbox just for Rare games.

But it's not only Rare's games that are looking good.
There are a fair few Xbox games that are looking pretty good, not to mention the big online plans that Nintendo aren't offering right now.

I still wouldn't choose the Xbox over the Gamecube, but seeing as MS is cutting the price regularly, I think it's very likely that I'll be getting one pretty soon.
Thu 12/09/02 at 13:00
"Darkness, always"
you would buy an XBOX simply because they have a majority share in a fairly decent software company?

Are you insane?

What games have they announced for the XBOX? How do you know that MS aren't planning to buy them up and liquidise them, or turn them into an R&D department?

You know nothing. Such stupid marks are the hallmark of modern society, and it makes me weep.
Thu 12/09/02 at 12:54
Regular
Elite Chaos wrote:
> Like many people have said, its a publicity stunt, and MS would not go
> to rares HQ, rare would have a meeting with MS in america.

That's because MS desperately need Rare, while Rare don't need MS.

Anyway, if Rare did go to MS, I would get an Xbox.
Also, it's a bit wrong that Nintendo should claim Perfect Dark as their own.

But even if Rare do lose Perfect Dark, it matters little.
It's the FPS that counts not the setting.

Perfect Dark was created to be a setting for the Goldeneye sequel.
And the setting itself was a bit messed up with all those Skedar and everything.

Rare would probably make something even better if they started from scratch with setting and only retained the fantastic gameplay and ingenuity of it's previous FPS games.
Thu 12/09/02 at 12:10
"Darkness, always"
Abyone who thinks Rare leaving is a big blow obviously hasn't grasped marketing ethics.
Thu 12/09/02 at 11:55
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
Nintendo own Banjo Kazzoie, it even states that fact on the copyright name.
Also Nintendo OWN Diddy Kong and any other Kong character in existence. Another fact that is available to view on Copyright lists!
Plus, IGN INSIDER is currently reporting that Rare is trying their best to wrestle the Perfect Dark franchise from Nintendo!
It surprised me to find out Nintendo had some grasp on the franchise, which they apparently do now. Perfect Dark could be heading to Retro for development if thats the case.
Thu 12/09/02 at 11:28
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Why would microsoft want to pay nearly half a billion for a development team who have yet to release a game on the Cube? To big a risk I think, especially for a company who only have two games which actually have playable footage, Kameo and Starfox. The rest of the line up consists of games which have been announced, and those which have yet to get past FMV stage.

Either way, I'm not at all bothered if they do leave, I certainly aint buying an x-box if they do. Besides there are only two games from the company that appeal to me right now (Kameo and Starfox) so it's not as if we'll be missing much.
Wed 11/09/02 at 22:27
Regular
"Festivus!"
So Rare go. It is a BIG DEAL!
Wed 11/09/02 at 22:17
Regular
Cooky wrote:
> Isn't Kameo still on Rare's website?
>
> Whereas other games like Donkey Kong Racing have now gone...
>
> Does this mean we still might see this game on Cube???
>
> maybe!
>
> :)
Read what it says at the bottom as well.

Exclusive to Gamecube and due 2002.
Wed 11/09/02 at 22:16
Regular
Cooky wrote:
> Elite Chaos wrote:
> Actually rare have yet to go.
>
> And I doubt they will.
>
> Like many people have said, its a publicity stunt, and MS would not
> go
> to rares HQ, rare would have a meeting with MS in america.
>
> So many flaws in the rumour
>
> No acutally your wrong there. MS peeps have been going to Rare for
> quite a while now. And I know that on good authority!
>
> :p

Then you've been fooled by the PR department of Rare too.
Wed 11/09/02 at 22:05
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Isn't Kameo still on Rare's website?

Whereas other games like Donkey Kong Racing have now gone...

Does this mean we still might see this game on Cube???

maybe!

:)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.