GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So Rare go. Big deal."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 11/09/02 at 18:42
Regular
It's not like they're already changing the face of GC, is it. You'll probably still get Starfox and Perfect Dark. As for the rest, we haven't heard much of them yet anyway, so they won't be missed that much.

It's the truth.
Sat 14/09/02 at 19:13
Regular
I also heard Nintendo refused to sell.
Sat 14/09/02 at 18:49
Regular
I believe that the deal is off?
Sat 14/09/02 at 17:41
Regular
Maverick42 wrote:
> I agree with Strafex, though there are many complications if Rare DO
> go. What about all the names and franchise owned or partly owned by
> Nintendo? What about Nintendo's 49% of Rare? I'm expecting Rare to
> stay put, and release a few surprise titles, that will receive maximum
> publicity. Either that, or they go multi-format.

Nintendo sold their share to microsoft apparently.
Sat 14/09/02 at 17:02
Regular
Strafex wrote:
> You so Rare are only great whlie they work for Nintendo?

No i didnt mean that at all, i was just stateing that we are all living in the N64era when they were good.

I still wont be impressed by them if they stay on the gamecube until they make good games, no matter what console it is on.

Maybe rare arnt that good, maybe if more developers developed for the N64 we would have seen better shooters than goldeneye. Maybe the poor sales of the N64 was a blessing for rare.

Thing is we havent seen a game by them in the 128bit era meaning anything could have happened to their abilitys of making games.

Actually i take back what i said first time becuase yes rare are only great while working for nintendo, i cant see microsft help rare as much as nintendo did on starfox. They wont even be allowed to have a game in development for 3 years on xbox for gods sake.
Sat 14/09/02 at 16:52
Regular
I agree with Strafex, though there are many complications if Rare DO go. What about all the names and franchise owned or partly owned by Nintendo? What about Nintendo's 49% of Rare? I'm expecting Rare to stay put, and release a few surprise titles, that will receive maximum publicity. Either that, or they go multi-format.
Thu 12/09/02 at 22:06
Regular
You so Rare are only great whlie they work for Nintendo?

You biased bunch of turnips, you!

Anyway, I know that part of the reason Rare's games are so good is because they take their time and delay them, but many other companies take just as long as them and still produce very little in terms of result.

Rare are the best devellopers in the west by far, no matter who they work for.
Thu 12/09/02 at 19:41
Regular
"Keep Cool!!!"
Boz wrote:
> look can anyone name a game that rare made by them selfs in the 128bit
> era, no.
> Why they cant handle the power.
>
> We are living in the N64era when they were good, i dont care about
> them until they show, on the xbox if its the case, that they are still
> good.
>
> PD was great goldeneye was better. Banjo wa the greatest.
> They were ages ago, who knows whats happened in rare hq since then?

That is true, so very true.
Thu 12/09/02 at 19:18
Regular
Asher D wrote:
> Nintendo should buy out Squaresoft, Capcom and Konami. That should see
> about 70% of all things good on GC.

Yeah damn right, lol.

But see thats 3 developers who are good, there are more aswell.
Rare arnt the only good ones, in fact bad developers are getting better, like footy teams doing better than the better ones, if you know what i mean.

Like people say, rare release one game every year. Thats the only reason they do so good, they spend more time on them. If any other developer did they would to.
Thu 12/09/02 at 19:14
Regular
Nintendo should buy out Squaresoft, Capcom and Konami. That should see about 70% of all things good on GC.
Thu 12/09/02 at 19:13
Regular
look can anyone name a game that rare made by them selfs in the 128bit era, no.
Why they cant handle the power.

We are living in the N64era when they were good, i dont care about them until they show, on the xbox if its the case, that they are still good.

PD was great goldeneye was better. Banjo wa the greatest.
They were ages ago, who knows whats happened in rare hq since then?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.