GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My mum broke my Playstation2!!!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 24/11/00 at 11:35
Regular
I have only just collected my Playstation2 and my mum was bringing it up the stairs to me and the dozy b*tch dropped it down the stairs, I ran downstairs and got it out of the box. When i hooked it up to my tv and now it doesn't f*ckin work.
I just thaught i would share the bad news and see what you thaught.

PS: I havn't got insurance on it either as i couldn't afford the extra cost.
Sun 26/11/00 at 20:41
Yes, thats right now you don't have the money right now so save up a couple of years and buy the damn game cube!!!
Sun 26/11/00 at 23:17
Well, if it were me, I wouldn't be posting on here... I'd be too busy thinking of a way to dispose of the body!
Mon 27/11/00 at 12:48
what a waste of a playstation. This guy did not deserve to recieve one. It could have gone to a more deserving person who did not get one.

Lennon
Mon 27/11/00 at 16:53
Didn't need to drop my PS2 down the stairs to ruin my day. The limit of my entertainment so far has been listening to the whirr of the fan and watching the LED switch from red to green. The bloody CD drawer doesn't open and there is no signal to the TV. I can't get through to Sony on the phone and the retailer, GAME has been useless, having happily banked my £300.
Thu 30/11/00 at 16:45
Why wasn't the little tyke carrying the damn thing himself anyway, it ain't christmas yet, so, it wasn't like a santa thing. You shouldn't make your mother carry things, and as stated above, be nice to your mother, you could buy a hundred playstation 2's next year, but she's the only mother you'll ever get.

-- t00mbs
Thu 30/11/00 at 18:36
hahahahahaha, dingus, 1st-why trust ya mum with it
2nd-it'll be a cack machine n e way, the gc will be better
3rd-try phoning electronics boutique, they will fix your lump o' s***e
Thu 30/11/00 at 22:35
pierce's post was nearly worth it. why get the GC when the x-box ias gonna b better and com out sonn afterwards with much more games power and bigger company background
Mon 04/12/00 at 18:22
But the GC will be easier to program, bwttwer games, just look at the titles they have already started on, and Nintendo are a kick-ass games company, so what if Bill Gates has a bigger company, is quality of games, and Microsoft games, are, well, cack, and n e way, gfx that run off DirectX are bound to slip against n e console, the DC has better gfx (i have seen a XB in action)
Tue 05/12/00 at 00:57
Erm.........How exactly do you know that Microsoft's games are going to be "cack". This is their first attempt at marketing a dedicated console.

In my opinion, the Xbox is going to be more of a threat to the GC, than it ever will be to the PS2. At least the PS2 will already have a large user base when it arrives, i don't think that we will be able to say the same about the GC. And all this will be despite the shortages that we are facing at the moment. Timing is the key to a good launch, and i do think that Sony have got it spot on. They waited for the Dreamcast to stall, moved in with the PS2, and have given themselves nearly 12 months before the next competition is on the horizon.

It would be good if all the consoles were equal in the market place, but it is human nature to follow the strong. And at this moment in time, the strength is with the PS2.

The above is only my opinion, and not intended to start a riot.
Tue 05/12/00 at 17:14
Regular
Nah, Microsoft made:-

1) Age of Empires, good game.
2) Midtown Madness - good game.

That's it for the good ones. Microsoft Train Simulator, anyone?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.