GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Xbox or Game cube"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 07/09/02 at 15:46
Regular
this isn't a console war topic i'm starting it's just that i want to know which of the two has the best control pad for first person shooters. I have a PS2 and although the pad is good it isn't so hot when it come to first person shooters. I don't want any fanboy spam just neutral comparisons please.
Sun 08/09/02 at 17:33
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
I feel the GC has a better controller, but the PS2 has got the FPS's. Decisions, decisions!
Sun 08/09/02 at 17:31
"For the horde!!!!"
so Gamecube as the best controls for FPS then?
Sun 08/09/02 at 15:30
Regular
up_in_smoke wrote:
> Out of the two systems pads i would say that the Xbox's is the better.
> People say that it is too big, but i find its fine. People who say
> that must have small mincy hands. And you know what they say, Big
> hands - *ahem*

That is a terrible argument. I have abnormally large hands, actually, and I still find the GameCube's controller a lot nicer than the X-Box's. I didn't say the X-Box's was too big, I said it felt awkward, and a bit like the Dreamcast's.

> The Gamecube controller is quite obviously design for the smallwer
> player. The button configeration is wierd to say the least. Unlike the
> PS2 and theXbox, the GC pad isnt symetrcial, so any FPS games will be
> spoiled by the uneveness of it all. There is no reason for the 'A'
> Button to be soo big, its obviously been designed with kids in mind.

The GameCube controller is quite obviously designed for any kind of player, not with kids in mind, but gamers. After extensive testing, Nintendo also found that if the analogue sticks are offset, it makes FPS much easier and fun to play - I thought this was also the case with the X-Box? It's innovative and original, and after extensive play, I can really say it's the best I've ever used.
Sun 08/09/02 at 15:17
Regular
"Baros!!!"
GAMECUBE by far
Sun 08/09/02 at 11:52
"For the horde!!!!"
Intoxicated Hippy wrote:
> Yes I have played them, my Dad's Bill Gates and my Mum owns Sony.
>
> Stick that in your pipe and smoke it...puff puff pass, if you don't
> put in then you don't get any.

you clown
Sat 07/09/02 at 22:23
Yes I have played them, my Dad's Bill Gates and my Mum owns Sony.

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it...puff puff pass, if you don't put in then you don't get any.
Sat 07/09/02 at 22:21
"For the horde!!!!"
Intoxicated Hippy wrote:
> It's a PS2 exclusive I think, don't worry other than breaking down
> wall you wont be missing much. Halo 2 and Timesplitters 2 are gonna be
> so much better.

and you hav played all three have you, besides i want more decent FPS games. after all you don't buy a console for two games do you.
Sat 07/09/02 at 21:56
It's a PS2 exclusive I think, don't worry other than breaking down wall you wont be missing much. Halo 2 and Timesplitters 2 are gonna be so much better.
Sat 07/09/02 at 21:47
"For the horde!!!!"
on a simular note to my original post, will Xbox or Gamecube be getting Red faction 2? i know it's out soon for the PS2 but i'm not sure about them two.
Sat 07/09/02 at 19:43
Regular
Try http://www.activexbox.com/xbox/inside_the_xbox.shtml

this has a good list of whats in the xbox. Not too much on the DVD but im sure if you look around on this site youll be able to find more details on the dvd player.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.