GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Xbox or Game cube"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 07/09/02 at 15:46
Regular
this isn't a console war topic i'm starting it's just that i want to know which of the two has the best control pad for first person shooters. I have a PS2 and although the pad is good it isn't so hot when it come to first person shooters. I don't want any fanboy spam just neutral comparisons please.
Sun 08/09/02 at 19:48
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Well there's;

Super Mario Sunshine
Star Fox Adventures
Eternal Darkness
Resident Evil
Resident Evil 0
Metroid Prime
Super Monkey Ball 2
Eventually, Perfect Dark Zero

All exclusives as well, plus multi format games like Timesplitters 2, and the pad isn't tiny. My hands aren't small and I have no problem, plus the Gamecube has the Wavebird controller - the best no wires controller there is !

~~Belldandy~~
Sun 08/09/02 at 19:29
"For the horde!!!!"
i'm starting to want a Gamecube now. What quality games are coming out for it?
Sun 08/09/02 at 18:54
Regular
"Keep Cool!!!"
Jericho15 wrote:
> ***Gamecube Rules***

Oh yeah
Sun 08/09/02 at 18:43
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
***Gamecube Rules***
Sun 08/09/02 at 18:39
Regular
"Keep Cool!!!"
I didn't mean to do it twice......
Sun 08/09/02 at 18:38
Regular
"Keep Cool!!!"
I recon the Gamecube is better,

The Gamecube controller is about just the right size (about the same as the PS2 controller), If you look at the Xbox controller, i mean it's huge you can't even get your whole hand around it.

Next the Console, The Gamecube console is smaller and about the right size where as the Xbox is just way too big, I mean you couln't fit 2 in the same room (Exageration).

Gameplay: The Gamecube runs much faster than the Xbox but the Xbox has better graphics so i Guessse there about even on that.

Overall I recon the Gamecube is better than the Xbox. I'm not saying that the Xbox is no good because it's great but I still recon the Gamecube beats is by the tail.
Sun 08/09/02 at 18:38
Regular
"Keep Cool!!!"
I recon the Gamecube is better,

The Gamecube sontroller is about just the right size (about the same as the PS2 controller), If you look at the Xbox controller, i mean it's huge you can't even get your whole hand around it.

Next the Console, The Gamecube console is smaller and about the right size where as the Xbox is just way too big, I mean you couln't fit 2 in the same room (Exageration).

Gameplay: The Gamecube runs much faster than the Xbox but the Xbox has better graphics so i Guessse there about even on that.

Overall I recon the Gamecube is better than the Xbox. I'm not saying that the Xbox is no good because it's great but I still recon the Gamecube beats is by the tail.
Sun 08/09/02 at 18:17
Regular
When i look at the pad i always think it will be un comfotoble, but when you have it in your hands its better.

Me and gerrid was talking about button setups and im sure once they find a good one it will be sorted.
Sun 08/09/02 at 18:01
Regular
Can you honestly look at the GC controller and not say its got children in mind. Just look at it for 20 seconds and youll see. The colours, the size of it, the size of the buttons (too large), the size of the D-Pad (rediculously small - its actually smaller than a gameboy d-pad)

Just because youve got the hands of a neanderthal (i never knew how to spell it, so ssshhhh) doesnt make a difference.

The GC controller doesnt look like it would be any good as a FPS pad as it doesnt have enough buttons and one of the sticks is in a kind of jagged shaped which means its not gonna be as usful for looking around and s**t like that.
Sun 08/09/02 at 17:48
Regular
Fuzzy wrote:
> I feel the GC has a better controller, but the PS2 has got the FPS's.
> Decisions, decisions!

Which future FPS other than Red Faction 2 has PS2 got?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.