GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Xbox or Game cube"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 07/09/02 at 15:46
Regular
this isn't a console war topic i'm starting it's just that i want to know which of the two has the best control pad for first person shooters. I have a PS2 and although the pad is good it isn't so hot when it come to first person shooters. I don't want any fanboy spam just neutral comparisons please.
Sat 07/09/02 at 15:46
"For the horde!!!!"
this isn't a console war topic i'm starting it's just that i want to know which of the two has the best control pad for first person shooters. I have a PS2 and although the pad is good it isn't so hot when it come to first person shooters. I don't want any fanboy spam just neutral comparisons please.
Sat 07/09/02 at 15:55
Regular
They're both quite similar for FPSs.
Just an issue of size really.
The analogue sticks are generally in the same place.
Although I would say that the XBOX shoulder triggers feel a bit more trigger-like for firing - if you know what I mean.
Sat 07/09/02 at 15:58
Regular
Hard to say as i havent played the same game on both consoles.

Xbox pad is big, but some people dont really notice it and get on well.
As for the GC it all depends if they finnaly put the control method like everyone wants it.

Play TS2 on both and then make up your mind.
Sat 07/09/02 at 16:11
Regular
GameCube's pad is the best I've ever used. It fits snugly into your hands, where the X-Box's feels awkward.
Sat 07/09/02 at 16:15
Regular
There's no 'better' pad, it just depends whihc one the user prefers, I personall think that the Gamecube pad is the best pad ever. It's very comfortable and afetr a few minutes play you'll feel right at home, all the buttons are easy to reach and the sticks are in just the right positions. Only real problem is the Z button but as it's not used in most games it doesn't really matter.
Sat 07/09/02 at 18:23
"For the horde!!!!"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> There's no 'better' pad, it just depends whihc one the user prefers, I
> personall think that the Gamecube pad is the best pad ever. It's very
> comfortable and afetr a few minutes play you'll feel right at home,
> all the buttons are easy to reach and the sticks are in just the right
> positions. Only real problem is the Z button but as it's not used in
> most games it doesn't really matter.

is there a trigger button like the N64 pad? also does it play just as well
Sat 07/09/02 at 18:29
Regular
"sweats salad dressi"
i didnt even read the topic but i know the answer is gamecube
Sat 07/09/02 at 18:42
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Drunk Cow wrote:
> i didnt even read the topic but i know the answer is gamecube

to bad other wise you'd of seen the bit that said "no fan boy" wich is what you just did. Anyway I agree with Maverick that the X-box controller is bigger wich is a problem for me personally (just uncomfortable) But the Gamecube fits in very nicely to my hand but is kind of like the PS2 controller just re sized and re arranged buttons so the X-box controller may be easier if you find the PS2 hard :D
Sat 07/09/02 at 18:45
Regular
"sweats salad dressi"
Cubist wrote:
> Drunk Cow wrote:
> i didnt even read the topic but i know the answer is gamecube
>
> to bad other wise you'd of seen the bit that said "no fan
> boy" wich is what you just did. Anyway I agree with Maverick that
> the X-box controller is bigger wich is a problem for me personally
> (just uncomfortable) But the Gamecube fits in very nicely to my hand
> but is kind of like the PS2 controller just re sized and re arranged
> buttons so the X-box controller may be easier if you find the PS2 hard
> :D

They should have words in bold next time. and i do think the gamecube controller is confortable but the button configuration well... sucks. i think the best controller is the PS2 because its classic yet so ...not. ahhahah i sound so blonde in this post
Sat 07/09/02 at 18:50
Regular
I dont like the PS2 pad becuase it used the d-pad, and the 2 sticks feel like they were just placed there as it was the only place so it "looks" good.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.