GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Xbox possibly No1 Xmas 2002 presents?"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 07/09/02 at 13:18
Regular
I think Xbox could beat PS2, Gamecube by that price of £159.99 and when the late night xmas shopping start and I think the store will sold out the mighty and powerful Xbox and I think Halo will be the best purchase with the Xbox and dont forget the 2 best games go with it is Dead or Alive 3 and Project Gotham Racing. Dont forget the Xbox Live as well, PS2 and Gamecube have no chance to toppled the No1 Xmas Presents. Timesplitters 2 will be online and PS2 wont able have one and oh dear! hey I own PS2 and Xbox. I will be looking forward to play Timesplitters 2 online.
Tue 10/09/02 at 18:36
Regular
Urgh the PS2 is still around? Jeez......Revive the Dreamcast, at least that has more intresting games
Mon 09/09/02 at 22:18
Regular
gamezfreak wrote:
> I think its unlikely the Xbox will drop price in the next 4 months, at
> £159.99 i think its great value!

You do.
But many already have another console and the rest have all been eaten up by MS's marketing hype.

Anyway, Sony are supposed to be making the next move very soon (being both the most out dated AND most expensive).
If the PS2 undercuts the Xbox again, MS will DEFINATELY follow suit.

It'll happen again by Christmas, and possibly again by Spring.
Mon 09/09/02 at 22:10
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Well your happy with it so at least it was worth the wait. ;-)
Mon 09/09/02 at 20:47
Regular
"ProGolfer"
Savatt78 wrote:
> I tend to sell consoles on because I haven't got room for all the
> consoles I buy. I sold my PS2 to get the X-Box and I have no regrets
> in doing so.

i wanted to seel my ps2 but my bro wouldn't let me so i ahd to save up from scratcht o get the beautiful box.
Mon 09/09/02 at 17:30
Regular
I think its unlikely the Xbox will drop price in the next 4 months, at £159.99 i think its great value!
Mon 09/09/02 at 15:58
Regular
gamezfreak wrote:
> Strafex and gerrid.
>
> Its obvious you and an Xbox were meant to be,

Just not yet...

Your Xbox and GC can sit
> side by side and make friends.

I'm sure the Xbox will make a lovely stand for my Gamecube! ;-D

> If you want a DVD player you may aswell go for the Xbox - Offering
> Great Games, Great Graphics, Hard Drive, Xbox LIVE, Dolby Digital 5.1
> support. Heck theres loads of reasons to get an Xbox.
>
> Well i am looking forward to going to Stuff Live and playing loads of
> Xbox games including Blinx.

Yeah.
Only on the games front, the Gamecube can do that for me, and I've not got any DVD's anyway (they're pretty pricy too...).
I'll be getting an Xbox, but not just yet...

More price cuts are predicted soon!
If I can get an Xbox for £100 with Halo then I will! :-)
Mon 09/09/02 at 15:54
Regular
Its a great DVD player, All the usual functions of a normal one.
Sun 08/09/02 at 14:30
Yep the dvd player on the xbox is awesome
Sun 08/09/02 at 10:41
Regular
Strafex and gerrid.

Its obvious you and an Xbox were meant to be, Your Xbox and GC can sit side by side and make friends.

Ignore that.

If you want a DVD player you may aswell go for the Xbox - Offering Great Games, Great Graphics, Hard Drive, Xbox LIVE, Dolby Digital 5.1 support. Heck theres loads of reasons to get an Xbox.

Well i am looking forward to going to Stuff Live and playing loads of Xbox games including Blinx.
Sun 08/09/02 at 00:40
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
This is Xbox's first Xmas(hoho) so we wll see how things fair.

You, me and most gamers judge consoles upon the games and more specificaly, the ones they want to play. Parents on the other hand, don't.

A parent will want value, and will treat a console purchase like any other, they will think "whats included in the price".

For Xbox to have DVD, Broadband, Harddrive+ most power a casual person may go for it becasue they thinks its a good deal and their gettin more for there Buck than with GC and PS2. Having said that, Xbox still has a strong games line up to warrant a purchase alone.

Things already look bright and its only september, I've seen upon returning to school aload of people now thinking of getting an Xbox.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.